I usually go to see Al at least every other day and sometimes every day depending on his needs. I had not been there Friday and Saturday. He knew that I was bringing him lunch today and I also had told him repeatedly that if he got too lonely in those two days, to have the nurse call me and I will be there immediately.
I went into see him today and set down our lunches and he broke into tears. He was upset because evidently he had a bathroom accident and flooded the floor. The aide who was helping him made a comment that he heard. It went something like this. I need another job. This job sucks. I don’t like cleaning up messes like this. Al, why didn’t you go more often so this didn’t happen?
I explained to him that this was not his fault. He finally believed me. Then he told me that he thought he could do it but he had missed me so bad. He broke down in more tears. My heart split in half for his sadness.
I can only imagine what it is like to be in a place where you feel unwanted and like you don’t fit in. He went on to say I wonder if anyone will remember my birthday.
I know it is his birthday this Friday. I have told him that I will be in with cake and ice-cream and two presents that I just know he will love. But once again, I am asking any of you if you want to send Al a birthday card please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for his home address. Many of you have it already, but there are bloggers who don’t.
If you would like to wish Al a Happy Birthday by way of statement, please go to this link and you can write to him on here. I will print it off and take it to him.
Here is a photo I snapped of Al today.
Update on Al’s fundraiser. We have now collected $200.00. We have had many different ranges of donations. The way I look at it is it will grow one dollar at a time. If you would like to help Al and his debt, here is the link to this. I believe that credit cards and Pay Pal are accepted.
- Birthday e-card (tamaqie.wordpress.com)
- Wildflower Birthday Card (davebrethauer.typepad.com)
- Birthday Cards and other sweet!s (barbarashallue.typepad.com)
- HANDMADE CARD BIRTHDAY PERSONALISED COLOUR GIFT – HandmadeCardsLukata – Birthday (handmadecards24.wordpress.com)
- My Birthday Dream (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Birthday Card Poem (mrsphinxgirl.wordpress.com)
- HANDMADE CARD BIRTHDAY PERSONALISED BIKE LOVE – HandmadeCardsLukata – Love and friendship (handmadecards24.wordpress.com)