Daily Archives: July 1, 2012
The Ten Commandments Award
My dear friend Anne has nominated me for this beautiful award.
Please, if you have not visited Anne’s website, please go today. Thank you Anne for this.
The Ten Commandments are from GOD, and are the standards to which we are to hold ourselves. The 10 commands can easily be grouped into two groups — love for God and love for others. These commandments where given to Moses and the Children of Israel in the wilderness after their escape from slavery in Egypt.
Can you imagine how much better our world would be IF all people lived and followed these commandments?
Ten Commandments from the Bible
The Ten Commandments Exodus 20:3-17. :
1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2. You shall not make unto thee any graven image.
3. You shall not take the name of the Lord God in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.
5. Honor your father and your mother.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not bear false witness.
10. You shall not covet.
RULES: The rules for this award are that you must answer the following ten questions and nominate ten blogs that you think deserve the award.
1. Describe yourself in seven words. warm, caring, understanding, compassionate, giving, loving, forgiving
2. What keeps you up at night? silence
3. Whom would you like to be? myself
4. What are you wearing now? pajamas
5. What scares you? snakes
6. What are the best and worst things about blogging? the best things are being able to get out my feelings and knowing someone understands them. the worst things are forgetting to reply to someone’s comment, I don’t want others to feel I don’t care
7. What was the last website you looked at? my yahoo email page
8. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? to be able to see into the minds of the younger people, to be able to understand what my kids are really trying to say to me
9. Slankets, yes or no? yes
10. Tell us something about the person who nominated you. I love Anne as a dear friend. She is very inspirational and down to earth. She puts so much feelings into her words, that I never want to come to the end of her stories.
Bonus Question: What is your testimony for Jesus Christ? You may first think this is silly, but I have been a so called christian most of my life, but I drifted in and out for years, coming to God when I was in trouble. I suffered a lot of emotional and some physical abuse with my last husband, but for several years of that marriage, I tried to fix it myself. One day about six years ago, a friend that I had made at work, prompted me many times to leave this man I lived with, and brought God into the picture, telling me that he was the one who would help me get through this. After hearing this several months and many chats had gone by, I told her, that I had went to God before, and I didn’t really see any difference. I explained that God would have to show me he was real, and this was impossible. At this time also, I was in the middle of caring for my father who had bone cancer. One day I listened though, and I went to the Lord, and I told him I was a skeptic, and that I was not a committed believer, but I did believe in him in my own ways. I told him he would have to knock me over the head with proof that he was really here for me and that he loved me.
I finally got the guts up and made plans to leave. I saved money for awhile in a hidden account, and I started checking out apartments. My one flaw in my plan was that I had no wheels. My friend told me to pray about it, and she pointed me in the direction of a car lot that may be able to help someone like me who needed a fresh start. Another thing that I had noticed was my father. I knew that he finally gave in to my mother’s bugging him about going to church, but I thought he was going for her, not God. As I took care of him daily, I saw that he read his bible every day. He was thirsty, and found his quenching from the words. It may have been partly due to mom but God had something to do with this also.
I told God that I needed a car, or I could not escape from this man. I joked around with God and told him that if I could have my dream car, it would be a silver PT Cruiser.
I went to the auto dealer with the husband’s car, and sat down and talked to the salesman. I had a checking account, but it had little in it, because of the life I lived with the husband. I got paid cash from my job, so I had no stable records to show I could make payments. After all conversation was completed, I sat there alone for what seemed hours.
The salesman came back with a yes from the owner. The owner thought I was a good risk, and although I had nothing to show, it was my words that convinced him, and I walked out of the business with a silver PT Cruiser.
From that day forward, I have believed. There was and is a God. He had been with me all of my years, waiting for me to take hold of his hand. He knew that I needed the knock over the head, and he knew I was sincere. I have never looked back, and God has been helping me with every minute. I can see his blessings in all things. Even through problems with Al or little, every day issues, God helps me through it.
10 Bloggers I’d like to pass this award on to:
I want to thank you again, Anne. Here is a big hug for you.