dedicated to my brother who has Parkinson’s Disease
To my brother whom I love so dear
I know you are there and I am here
My thoughts are with you every day
As we walk together and separate ways
I know that you are dealing with all of this
While I am still dealing with hit and miss
Tonight is New Year‘s Eve, and I am thinking of you
I hope you are happy and not too blue
My thoughts and prayers are all for you
As we gather close and pray for all new
I will be always be near you and by your side
As you go through this illness that will not hide
Don’t ever feel alone dear brother
Walking beside you is your loving mother
I ask our God to heal you in this new year
I ask that he also whisper in your ear
And tell you that he and I love you so
I will leave the Rose, so you will always know
Love you brother
- Spiritual Sibling Slander (klbellwether.com)
- dad loved you best (ask.metafilter.com)
- #1 – Love your siblings (somelifetips4u.wordpress.com)
- family is more than blood – it’s an ongoing choice (derekmaul.wordpress.com)
- Siblings Kinship (diaryofaliberalsoul.wordpress.com)
- Siblings throw concert to pay for mother’s cancer as Christmas gift (ksl.com)
- Dear Coleen: My siblings didn’t tell me our sister had died (mirror.co.uk)
Here is a little bit about this blogger.
Frankly, I can’t answer that, but it’s why I’m here.
I turned a year older this year, an amazing little thing that occurs when you have a birthday. We all have things that we dislike about ourselves and I don’t want to fix the things that I don’t like about myself. I’m not sure that is a realistic goal for anyone. But I do want to learn about all of my layers and I want to understand what makes me who and what I am. And like many of you, I have things that I want to work through.
We each have a choice to embrace who are or walk the journey to finding out what shapes who we are. Good, bad, ugly, dark, treacherous, dangerous, good, enlightening, faults, flaws, warts and all, I’m taking the next year to make the discovery.
I read that fellow bloggers like bullet points. I think it defeats the purpose because I would like to think that you finding my blog interesting and well rounded enough on its own merits without needing bullet points. But here are a few:
- I’m scared of clowns
- I like music
- I love sports
- I feel like an old lady
- I love old movies and animals, but one isn’t contingent on the other
So I hope you want to stay in touch with me.
Thank you so much for this award my new friend!