O heavenly father, I want to thank-you
For keeping me safe today
For protecting my soul
From all of harm’s way.
For protecting my heart
Against sorrow and pain
For lifting my spirits
Showing I have much to gain.
Thank-you Lord for giving to me
The courage to stand the courage to be
Whom you have created so very unique
I have learned to you I must seek.
Big bad wolves come in fake colors
Trying to steal this soul you have made
I thank-you Lord, for allowing me to see
That I can shine bright, and just be me.
I am not perfect, and do make mistakes
I can hurt others unintentionally
But I get down on bended knee
Knowing that you will always forgive me.
Thank-you Lord for keeping me strong
To deal with sadness that comes my way
Thank-you for letting me share a piece of my heart
With whom ever comes in my day.
Now the time is coming near
That we celebrate the day you came
You took our sins and wiped them clean
I praise you God, I praise your name.
- Lord, Teach Us to Pray – Week 10 (girlfriendscoffeehour.com)
- Away In A manger (spiritsisters.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Oasis – The Secret Place (burningfireshutinmybones.wordpress.com)
- I LIFT UP MY EYES – Psalm 9: 1 (ptl2010.com)
- Hymn. Awake My Soul And With The Sun (bummyla.wordpress.com)