I don’t know if most of you know about the lighting of the candle. I know it has spread
rapidly throughout Facebook.
I am asking everyone that had any emotions running rampant from the shooting of those precious babies in CT to follow me. Tomorrow 12/23/ and 12/24, we are all gathering together, and lighting candles periodically over the day. You may choose to light a real one at times or leave an electric one on all through the two days. I will start tomorrow and have an electric one running and from time to time light a real one.
I want to say a prayer.
Lord, our heavenly father. We do not know the reason why these precious babies were taken so early from our earth. I have to trust that you had the perfect reason. I know that each of these precious ones are now sitting on your lap and they are smiling looking into your eyes. They have forgotten all about what has happened, but we here on earth have not forgotten. It remains fresh in our minds even a week and a day later. Lord stay close to the families that are hurting so badly. Help them by showing your love on Christmas morning, as this has to be such a difficult time for them. I am sure there were presents under the trees. Oh how my own heart breaks for them. Take care of them Lord, like you do for the birds that fly in our skies. Love them and comfort them. Let them know that we the world care and we are lighting our candles for them. I love you God and I know you have heard this prayer. Love them as you do me. Amen.
- Light One Candle (linesbylinda.wordpress.com)
- Make Your Own Christmas Gifts – Vintage Teacup Candles (adedmuse.com)
- For the love of candles! (teenainjerusalem.wordpress.com)
- My Candle Glows (linesbylinda.wordpress.com)
- Christmas Candles (lovelyseasonscomeandgo.wordpress.com)
Thank-you to Lucy for sharing this heart felt story with me
SANTA AND SARAH
- What Good Little Boys and Girls Know About VoIP (selecttelecom.wordpress.com)
- Santa’s Elf #12 Reveals Kids’ Christmas Wishes (nonsensetomomsense.com)
- Santa Snoop: New Santa Tracker Apps for Kids! (funeducationalapps.com)
my father’s passing
Here is a bit of information about Ivonne. She is so bubbly and full of life. I love reading her blogs and chatting with her.
I have been a professional actress since the age of 17.
I have been clowning around and doing children’s entertainment since the age of 19, my “day job” so to speak.
am currently getting receieved my M.A. degree in religious studies from CSULB in May 2011.
I decided that at the age of 50 I would start learning how to play the piano and guitar.
My passions are sex-religion-chocolate-the arts- travel and my dog Missy. And now we will add music to that list. Actually music should have always been there as I am a dancer and a dancer must have music.
This blog is where you will find pieces of my soul, my heart, my mind and hopefully my humor……
The questions I’m to answer:
Give credit to the person who chose to nominate you: Ivonne
Answer the super sweet questions.
- Cookies or Cake? cake any day and make it sugar free chocolate with sugar free chocolate frosting, and then put it in cupcake form so I only eat one at a time hehe
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
- Favorite sweet treat? milk chocolate
- When do you crave sweet things the most? sweet things remain in my mind at any time
- If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? sweet peach
The final requirement for receiving the Super Sweet Blogging Award is to name a baker’s dozen (13) of my favorite bloggers.
I Bowed #FWF « Inspiration Import
Tilly Bud – The Laughing Housewife
Taz has nominated me for this award. I want to thank her for thinking of me when she was nominating bloggers.
Here is a bit of what this blogger represents in life.
This is the story of my life ,my personal trials and tribulations , the process of my thoughts and the intensity of my feelings, my interactions with my husband and 3 kids .I want to share my life with people ,to reach out to them,help them realise their hidden strengths ,provide them with hope in their darkest hours.Remember, God loves us all, every one is precious and come what may ,He will always be at our side,so here’s to life!!!!
Thank you once again!!!
Tell us about a time when you had to choose between two options, and you picked
the unpopular choice.
When my mother passed a way and the dust settled, dad became very lonely. He went to have coffee and met a couple of ladies. It perked him up some but then a lady he was introduced to made him smile.
She seemed very nice. Pretty and bubbly was a nice way to describe her. What I did notice was how dad’s eyes lit up and this was such a nicer thing to see than the gloom face. My dad never liked being alone, and so it wasn’t difficult for them to date and become closer and eventually he moved into her house.
For almost a year the two seemed very happy until one day the sky fell around him and me. He got the news that he had Leukemia. It had advanced enough that they even gave him his approximate ending date.
What once came out of her mouth as fables, now came out as daggers. I took care of my dad while he was sick and he remained living at her house. As he became worse, she would say terrible things about him behind his back, and soon started attacking me with her words also.
The reason for this was because she had not completely healed from her own loss of losing her husband and now the man she was attracted to was going to die also. To protect herself from more pain, she became the devil in disguise.
It got so bad that I didn’t want to go there. Every time I tried to make things better, she dug me in a deeper hole. I knew that my dad had caught on to what she was doing as her hidden words had made their way out of the closet.
I asked my dad if he wouldn’t rather go home. I told him I could take care of him at home just as well as I could at her house, but he said no. The presence of her being around 24/7 made him feel better. He explained to me to just bite my tongue, as he didn’t want to die alone.
He would rather have someone than no one. This broke me up so much. I hated going there. I tried to ignore her foul mouth and just take care of dad. Although I understood the mechanics of what made her the way she was, it didn’t mean dad and I liked it.
He died in her house. He was laying in a bed and I was laying beside him holding his hand. He looked at me one last time and told me,”I love you.” I am glad I stuck it out, but I wish for his and my sake his fear of loneliness would have been only surface deep.
- Nick McKaig Sings ‘You’re A Mean One, Mr Grinch’ In Festive A Capella YouTube Cover (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Daily Prompt Dear Mom: (renatovasconcellosdavid.com)
- Daily Prompt: Plead the Fifth (mrsmooney27.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt – Dear Mom (johnsblogs.com)
- Seriously, Really, There is No Reason To Shop on Thanksgiving, Please Do Not Shop-Give The Day Off To Employees! Please Stores -Stores Open are Grinches! (takingonacause.com)
- The Guy Who Did the Voice for Tony the Tiger also Sang “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch” (todayifoundout.com)