Here is a slice of who Melissa is;
“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours.” – Henry David Thoreau
My name is Melissa. I’m a baking enthusiast and amateur chef with latin roots from Long Island, New York. While I’ve always had this love for the kitchen, it has taken me a few years to realize that the only way I’ll be satisfied with life is by waking up everyday to bake; to make myself happy by making others happy. And thus this blog was born, to record my journey. I enjoy baking everything from cupcakes to alfajores and dream of owning a pastry shop one day. This is my long and bumpy road to that hopeful end.
It won’t be easy, but with just enough sugar, life is sweet.
1. If you could change one thing, what would you change? The love of sweets. I love sugar. I can stay away from sweets for so long. It amazes me though when I take one bite of a warm chocolate chip cookie, that I can not eat just one.
2. If you could repeat an age, what would it be? 19, when my first child was born. I looked into those big blue eyes and wrapped tiny fingers around mine, and I fell in love
3. What is one thing that really scares you? dying alone, with no one around. My nightmare is that I will die and no one will find me for days.
4. What is one dream you have not completed, and do you think you’ll be able to complete it? Publishing a book. I hope that before I pass on to another life, I see one book with my name on it on a bookshelf somewhere
5. If you could be someone else for one day, who would it be? Twiggy, I just want to know for one day what it is like to be thin.
Sex, Spirit, Soul Mates and Chocolate….Ivonne’s Journey
Thank-you again for this award!