If you could read a book containing all that has happened and will ever happen in your life, would you? If you choose to read it, you must read it cover to cover
I would choose not to read a book about my entire life. Why do this? Ruin the ending? Do I want to know when I am going to leave this good earth? Do I want to still make choices and errors in my life?
The errors no, but how do we learn if do not make mistakes. I don’t want to know if I am going to get cancer, or get hit on the highways. This gives me the shivers just thinking about it.
I am the one who will not get those special expensive tests to see what I may die of. First of all they are not accurate. They do not report that you will die from this or that. I think I would drive myself crazy knowing my ending ahead of time.
Our purpose here in earth in my view, is to live a life pleasing to God. To let others know about God. If I knew I was dying, would I become obsessed with myself instead of bringing others to the Lord?
Would I say forget everything. Let me live and let me die. Give me all of those cookies I fight so hard to not eat. May I have that piece of cake with all those sugary flowers on top?
I believe for me, I would lose respect for myself and my fellow-man. I may give up my hope for life, and I may quit trying so hard to continue to live a good life. By good life I don’t mean riches. I mean by your inner heart and soul.
How would you change if you knew you were dying within one year. Would you go to those enemies and spill your guts and say all of your I’m sorry’s? Have you made your peace with your maker? If you died tomorrow, let’s say, are you satisfied with where you think you are going?
No, my answer is definitely a no. I don’t want to know anything ahead of time. And by the way, if you read my book start to finish, don’t tell me about it.
- Daily Prompt: This Is Your Life (daddysnaughtylittlegirl.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: This Is Your Life (hayleylyons.wordpress.com)
- This is Your Life… (misifusa.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt – 1/11/13 – This is Your Life (joeowensblog.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: This is Your Life (sarahneeve.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Helpless (jdcgzm.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: This Is Your Life (belgradestreets.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt~Just for you, Twindaddy (thecheekydiva.com)
- Daily Prompt: It starts with kindness. (diamondmikewatson.wordpress.com)