I was so distraught today when I received an email notification from a friend that I used to speak to several times a day here at WP. It was her husband informing me that Sara had taken her life.
My heart broke in to many shattered pieces. I could hear them breaking into tiny puzzles as they hit the floor. My heart went out to the husband as I was reading this short to the point post.
Why? Why did this happen? Although, I am the last one to understand what was actually going on inside her head, I hoped with all my might, that I may at least bring some comfort to her at the point in time of her need.
What allows us to believe that our life is so worthless that the only choice we see in front of us is suicide? What right do we have in the eyes of God to take our own life? I am speaking as a Christian woman here. Some of you may agree and others may not. This is alright. It will not destroy in any way the feelings I carry about you my friend.
I, myself have been so sad for the past few months. There is a light layer of my soul that can understand a person believing there is no way out. Sara blogged and clung to us bloggers just as I do. None of us are guaranteed an easy life. The road we walk until death comes to take us is filled with rocks to climb over and plenty of dips to sink in.
The dips that we fall into are when I try even harder to look towards Jesus Christ. He is the only way to keep from drowning into the pit of death. I believe God wants us to lean heavily on him. He reaches both arms out and we are to take a hold of each one and let him lift us up.
Some of us in this world do not believe in God. Others question if there is even a God out there. I have found over and over that when the dip we fall into is too deep, God reaches his hands farther down and with one request of help me Lord, he will save us.
It breaks my heart for Sara. She and I spoke often about God. She wasn’t sure. She questioned his existence. But, the important thing was she was thinking about it. She was reading the verses. She was searching the word. I don’t know where her mind was at the time she took her life, but I hope that she now has peace and is in God’s hands.
I love you Sara, and I will miss you greatly.
- 2013 Roe vs. Wade Speech by Rev. Rusty Lee Thomas (christianprolifenews.wordpress.com)
- God allowed the call, the Holy Spirit sent a text, and Jesus knocked on the back door … (alifegivingmoment.wordpress.com)
- Feeding the sheep… (laweeks.com)
- RIP Sara (crazyinthecoconut.co.uk)
- Single Mom Notes to Daughters by Elisabeth Corcoran (smoreforwomenblog.org)
- “My Way Isn’t Working… Where Do I Start to Learn to Be a Godly Wife?” (peacefulwife.com)
- The resume of Jesus Christ (pastormikesays.wordpress.com)
- He Chose You To Recieve His Gift (carolynrice.wordpress.com)
- Today’s Word With Joel & Victoria Osteen – Listen To Your Heart (todaysanewday.wordpress.com)
- New Title Helps Readers Gain a Personal Relationship with God (prweb.com)