I went to bed too late
And woke up at six
I thought this isn’t right
Let’s sleep for kicks.
Fell back to sleep right a way
Dreamed heavily I know
For when I awoke my brain was charged
It was racing and on the go.
I could remember words that my mind had said
I was trying so hard to memorize them
I had no pen nothing to write them down
And now I’ve lost most of the gems.
The words I do remember
Are still stuck in my head
I can tell you what they were
Maybe you can figure out what was said.
As I lay here on the ground
And the guns are going off
I know that these people are trying
To silence me God don’t let me be found.
Well that is what I still remember, and the rest of the words were taken from my mind. I wish that I knew what the ending of this poem was and what I was actually trying to say. Maybe you can finish this. If you write something let me know so I can share with you.
- Insomnia Files: Snooze Button Dreams (stressingoutcollege.wordpress.com)
- Good nights sleep? Yeah, right… (thatmakestwo.wordpress.com)
- The Connection Between Memory and Sleep (theepochtimes.com)
- DS 5.0 The effects of sleep on our perception of time. (delightfullyslow.wordpress.com)
- Setting Limits Around Sleep Struggles (superprotectivefactor.com)
- Get Some Sleep! Five Ways to Drift Off (bellwort.wordpress.com)