Go to the nearest window. Look out for a full minute. Write about what you saw.
The big picture is gray. The only colors I see are the house colors and green grass. Many bare trees with fingers stretching, trying to locate their lost leaves. There is another color I can add, black. The tree trunks are very black from the rain we have had the past two days.
When I look closer in distance I see a black squirrel. He is waiting for me to throw him his peanuts. I will be leaving soon so I will do it then. I am sure he will still be close by. My home is the color of the skies, gray. They are a very close match today.
There is a fire pit that sits alone with ashes from last fall. It looks cold with its neutral colors of bricks surrounding it. I can see in my memories people standing around it laughing and talking. These are some of my best memories since I have moved in here.
There is a swing where my brother used to sit. Now it is still and empty. If I listen very close I can hear it calling to me. Soon it will be spring. You will be able to come join me. You can look up at the white puff clouds and swing relaxing the mind.
There is a nice picnic table that holds six to eight people. Now it is wet and shiny from the rain. No one is visiting. There are no foods or drinks with a pretty red table-cloth laying on top of the table.
The world looks baron but soon enough it will be once again filled with laughter and love, drinks and food and the lazy days of summer.
- Daily Prompt – Through the Window (countryliving4beginners.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Through the Window (bravesmartbold.com)
- Through The Morning Window (barefairy.wordpress.com)
- Black Squirrels (auambassadors.wordpress.com)
- Inserting different color tones into your home (epicahome.com)
- Daily Prompt: It starts with kindness. (diamondmikewatson.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Sliced Bread (thebloggingpath.com)