Daily Archives: February 21, 2013
Daily Prompt ; Undo / The Daily Post
If you could un-invent something, what would it be? Discuss why,…
Do You Connect or Know Someone ? Bullying
Beyond Back Creek sent me this video to watch. I had just posted a blog from my Daily Prompt about bullying.
This brought back memories that made me cry as I watched this. Back in the time where I was called names for being heavy.
If you know someone or have been a victim of bullying, please watch this.
Thank-you so much Beyond Back Creek
- Slam poet Koyczan targets bullying in latest work (with video) (theprovince.com)
- To This Day: Anti-bullying video goes viral (rappler.com)
- This Animated Anti-Bullying Poem Will Change Your Life (mashable.com)
- It’s not harmless horseplay (peaksofinspiration.com)
- Bullying Animation “To This Day” Goes Viral – Video (news.softpedia.com)
- Canadian ‘pork chop’ bullying video goes viral (thestar.com)
- Bullies Called Him Pork Chop. He Took That Pain With Him And Then Cooked It Into This. (upworthy.com)
- Animated Poem About Bullying & Its Effect On Victims (ehssafetynews.wordpress.com)
very Inspiring Blogger Award
has nominated me for this award.
Here is some information about this blog.
- I am a lousy dancer. I can’t dance. That always seems to amaze people and I am always amazed that they thought I could dance in the first place! After all, I don’t think I even look coordinated or graceful enough to dance.
- I love animals of all kind. I have a dog and a cat, but have had ducks, chickens, turtles, hamsters, parakeets and iguanas as a child. I’ve been bitten by many different animals, including a snake (I had socks on my hands for protection lol) and even a mole!
- I have a hard time letting go of things, including items, relationships and even jobs, which often keeps me holding on to things far too long.
- I’ve been known to cry during emotional movies, speeches and music although I typically hide it because I am usually the only one tearing up, but I get that from my mother.
- I am very unorganized in everything I do, including thinking! It’s the artist in me, I know it. I live in chaos which is usually okay and helps sparks creativity, except when people around me expect me to be organized.
- I fell in love with books during the 8th grade when I was harassing a girl I liked and took her book. I meant to give it back, but never did. I got bored one day and started reading it and that was it! I became an avid reader from that day forward even when reading books that weren’t assigned to you wasn’t considered cool for boys.
- I got into psychology through my writing. I love to write, especially fiction and I used to go to the bookstore and read psychology books to try to create better, more dynamic characters, and I took my first psychology courses in college for the same reason. I was planning on being an English major, but I ended up falling in love with psychology
Torey Richards, LMHC
Hi, thanks for taking the time to get to know me!
I am a licensed mental health counselor (LMHC) in the state of Florida currently specializing in substance abuse, mental disorders and adolescent mental health.
I’ve been working in the area of substance abuse since 2006 and assessment and diagnosis since 2007.
I received a B.A. in Psychology from the University of Central Florida in 2002, and a M.S. in Counseling & Psychology from Troy State University in 2007.
I spent a year working in both an inpatient and outpatient substance abuse facility and three years working in a psychiatric hospital.
I currently work in an inner-city high school providing individual, group and family counseling. I also work in private practice dealing mostly with adolescents and their families dealing with various challenges.
My theoretical orientation is eclectic with strong influences from cognitive behavioral, existential, rational behavioral, motivational interviewing, and acceptance & commitment therapy.
I am an avid reader of both fiction and non-fiction books. I also enjoy working out, writing, photography and drawing in my spare time.
Thank- you so much Torey.
Nominations are for;
Daily Prompt ; Undo / The Daily Post
If you could un-invent something, what would it be? Discuss why, potential repercussions, or a possible alternative.
I can think of a few things I wish didn’t exist. Should I name them all? Should I name my top thoughts? I better stick to simple.
Eyes that could see no difference. Wouldn’t it be great if we saw each of us through only our heart and souls? If our eyes could not see that we each weight differently. That we could ignore the label on the clothes, or the longer eye lashes? How about the neighborhoods we live in. What if we could be blinded to everything and only see lips move and hear what is being said.
Take this one category and sub-divide it. Bullying. I just hate the word bullying. I hate what it represents. Adults have a way of being sneaky. We have grown and learned how to hit certain buttons to upset others. We have learned to pick out the red button that we know will devastate another soul if we just click on it.
Children on the other hand are born innocent. Even in elementary years, innocence is still high on the top ten list. I am not going to dive on the jumping board and go behind the scenes and say what make children do what they do. I am going to stick to the surface, skim the pool.
I can remember back when I was young I developed earlier than the other girls in my class. I was wearing a bra months before other little girls. Lord only knows why, I am not blessed today. LOL
Boys and girls picked on me all the time. I was also heavier than some of the other little kids. Not obese but it was obvious to the naked eye. I got called fatty and heard the old saying fatty fatty two by four can’t get through the kitchen door. I heard that so often that If I had collected a dollar for every time, I would not have to be looking for a part-time job today.
Today manners are at the lower level and this allows wicked tongues to speak hurtful words. In the past five or so years it has walked on one more stepping stone. Now not only is there pain in words, there is physical pain.
If my parents ever witnessed or heard of me hurting someone physically I could guarantee I would not be able to sit down comfortably the next day. I am in awe each time I hear of children and teens beating up on others. Prepared with weapons of knuckle busters and bats floors me. The weakest ones will draw strength through sharing their thoughts with other weak students, thus forming a rotten cheering block.
The main instigator feels power. Power in the mouth and hands. For the prize of acknowledgement and acceptance great strides are taken to end up the winners. Are they winners? Of course not, but they don’t see it that way.
This in turn leads me back full circle to my beginning statement. What started this? What happened before the first word was spoken? What pain is that child carrying to make him lash out.
I refuse to believe that there are many children who get off or love to hurt others just for the fun of it. There may be a small amount, and if there is, we need to work harder to see if there is a medical reason hiding behind them.
Well I will get off of this topic. Other wise you will still be reading about this at bedtime. Our children are our futures. It takes one minute to conceive a baby. It takes a life time to raise and nurture them. Many pebbles are tossed in our path as we lead them from infant to adult. As parents we can only do what we know best how to do.
Lord be with the adults who don’t want the child, but refuse to let any other caring human raise them. Lord be with the children that are homeless. I pray for young minds to never be starved for knowledge. Lord I pray that you wrap your arms around those who are hurting. Bring comfort to them. Lord help us adults to not look the other way. I pray that you help guide our thoughts throughout each day. Let us be a blessing instead of a thorn. Help us Lord, for our world is like it has never been before. Amen
- Delete and undo (spunkywayfarer.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Undo (smileyface80.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt – Undo OR The Right To Live (beyondbeautytips.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Undo, Engines, Indeed. (linesbylinda.wordpress.com)
- Being bullied as a child can leave you scarred for life (schoolsimprovement.net)
- How to Prepare Your Children for Back to School (everydayfamily.com)
- Undoing the Noise Machine Over the Road (artifactsandfictions.wordpress.com)
- DaIlY pRoMpT: UNDO! (lennygore.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: What would I reinvent? (layedbacklife.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Undo (joeowensblog.wordpress.com)
Some days I just don’t know what is wrong with me. Today is one of them. For the last two hours I…
Hang On Dear Brother
Today was a good dayin as far as it was not snowing the huge amounts promised. I surprised Al when…