has nominated me for this award.
Here is some information about this blog.
- I am a lousy dancer. I can’t dance. That always seems to amaze people and I am always amazed that they thought I could dance in the first place! After all, I don’t think I even look coordinated or graceful enough to dance.
- I love animals of all kind. I have a dog and a cat, but have had ducks, chickens, turtles, hamsters, parakeets and iguanas as a child. I’ve been bitten by many different animals, including a snake (I had socks on my hands for protection lol) and even a mole!
- I have a hard time letting go of things, including items, relationships and even jobs, which often keeps me holding on to things far too long.
- I’ve been known to cry during emotional movies, speeches and music although I typically hide it because I am usually the only one tearing up, but I get that from my mother.
- I am very unorganized in everything I do, including thinking! It’s the artist in me, I know it. I live in chaos which is usually okay and helps sparks creativity, except when people around me expect me to be organized.
- I fell in love with books during the 8th grade when I was harassing a girl I liked and took her book. I meant to give it back, but never did. I got bored one day and started reading it and that was it! I became an avid reader from that day forward even when reading books that weren’t assigned to you wasn’t considered cool for boys.
- I got into psychology through my writing. I love to write, especially fiction and I used to go to the bookstore and read psychology books to try to create better, more dynamic characters, and I took my first psychology courses in college for the same reason. I was planning on being an English major, but I ended up falling in love with psychology
Torey Richards, LMHC
Hi, thanks for taking the time to get to know me!
I am a licensed mental health counselor (LMHC) in the state of Florida currently specializing in substance abuse, mental disorders and adolescent mental health.
I’ve been working in the area of substance abuse since 2006 and assessment and diagnosis since 2007.
I received a B.A. in Psychology from the University of Central Florida in 2002, and a M.S. in Counseling & Psychology from Troy State University in 2007.
I spent a year working in both an inpatient and outpatient substance abuse facility and three years working in a psychiatric hospital.
I currently work in an inner-city high school providing individual, group and family counseling. I also work in private practice dealing mostly with adolescents and their families dealing with various challenges.
My theoretical orientation is eclectic with strong influences from cognitive behavioral, existential, rational behavioral, motivational interviewing, and acceptance & commitment therapy.
I am an avid reader of both fiction and non-fiction books. I also enjoy working out, writing, photography and drawing in my spare time.
Thank- you so much Torey.
Nominations are for;
thank you so much C!!!!
Congratulations, you deserve it!
thank you so much my friend!!!!!! it is so nice to see you tonight
Congrats Terry, it’s so good to learn more about you!
thank you Diana!!!!
Thank you my dear friend
Enjoy the moment. You deserve it.
thanks so much, I will try
Very much deserved. Lord bless you. Praying for you and Al
thank you Rob. You are always so good to me
Grattis igen! I just read that you have a cat and a dog .. I have been asking about your little dog so many times – but never got answer back .. now I read that you have both. Wonderful. Thanks for letting me know you even better. I’m the opposite – I let things go .. very quickly, especially if it’s not so pleasant things.
i have to let you know that the cat and dog issues are from the blogger that nominated me. I do not have any pets any longer. I am looking for a dog that is a little older, and housebroken and through the chewing stages. I have answered it many times but I do not understand why it has not gotten to you. No pets
Congrats on your award, well deserved 🙂
thank you so much Rabbit!!!
I love these answers! So personal and detailed 🙂 I also am absolutely in love with books! I love hearing about your love for them and what got you started on reading them. I started reading in Elementary school, my mom had a huge book shelf for us kids hoping we’d sit down and read them, and i did! I loved the ones that took my to different places, I stopped when I got into high school and didn’t start again until I was about 20. I can’t even imagine not having a book in my hand lol! I have to always be in the middle of a book 🙂 Congrats on the award!
books not only take us to so many places, they keep our brains strong and keep us young at heart!!! Great comment my friend!!
Congratulations, my friend and thank you for nominating our blog. I loved reading your answers 🙂
enjoy Angels!! and thank you
Thank you very much Dr.!!!!!
Thank you again Terry for nominating http://www.throughharoldslens.com for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I feel honored that you chose me. I have already written my blog post for this award and you can read it at http://throughharoldslens.com/2012/12/20/inspiring-blogger-award-presented-to-through-harolds-lens-2/
thank you so much Harold for letting me know!!!