Afraid to look out
Fearful of thy tongue
Scared to speak
Wronged of all doing
Fingers point at me
Always the first suspect
Why bother trying to explain
I have already been hung
One pebble in the sand
Trying to fight for everyone
No title on my shirt
Am I without a brain
Cold and non caring
Are whom I find that stand
With hands held out
Waiting for all you have
Some days I want to die
And I ask myself why bother
I can never win the game
I am but a pebble in the sand
One lonely grain among others
I look like him or her over there
I do not stand out
I don’t have much fight left
Please leave us alone
Let life carry us through
What have we ever done
To make your eyes so cold
Have we met somewhere before
Do you know me from my past
Please let us who are different
Take stand and be noticed
Let us show our tears
Let us show our fears
Let us feel love as you do
- !Nightmares (smileyface80.wordpress.com)
- There is a reason we are afraid of those tales. (futzingabout.com)
- Are You Afraid? (poetrygetbetter.wordpress.com)
- Fear of an upcoming event? (thoughtsdesigner.wordpress.com)
- The Mayonnaise Jar and Coffee Lesson (leilaworldblog.com)
- I will walk… (starleeta.wordpress.com)
- Unspoken (bloggingwiththesaints.wordpress.com)
- Scared Senseless (carlthefollower.com)
- “Fear not when / Fear not why / Fear not much while we’re alive.” (toriborealis.wordpress.com)
- Take Action! (onewebstrategy.wordpress.com)
Marvellous Terry. Truly amazing work of poetry.
thank you my dear friend!
No need to thank me at all ❤
Come over to the new poetry page, and share your poems! Very well done!
I did visit there today but didn’t know if I should post my poems since u read them already
Post away. Many people on there that haven’t seen them. That is why we made the page. The more the merrier!
I just placed one on your site I wrote before I met you
Intense and powerful.
I just get so frustrated with the so called systems
Magnificent poem, Terry 🙂
thank you so much my friend. I so appreciate this comment
Very deep…I can read between the lines. Beautiful….
thank you. maybe we know each other if you can read between the lines
Both powerful and beautiful – you know how to put thoughts into words .. even the most difficult ones becomes meaningful.
thank you so much for this wonderful compliment Viveka………
“a pebble in the sand” I love that line! It says so much and leaves so much unsaid
Hi there my friend. So glad you stopped by to chat. Thanks for letting me know what you liked about my story.
One pebble in the sand may not seem like anything, but throw that pebble into the water and the resulting rings seem to go on forever – a very wide influence. Good poem.
the way you are connecting with the pebble is very true Diane.