The newlyweds went to their favorite diner and ordered. Friends came to their windows to chat.…
The rules are:
- Post these rules. DONE!
- Post a photo of yourself (if you want to) and/or eleven random facts about yourself. Already posted facts, below is a photo.
- Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post. See below.
- Create eleven new questions and tag new people to answer them. See below.
- Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged. As soon as this is posted
- What is your favourite TV program? American Idol, Touched by an Angel, 60 minutes
- What is your favourite film? Roots
- Do you like cake? Unfortunately yes. White cake with Caramel or Chocolate icing
- Do you believe in Angels? Most definitely. They are sitting here protecting me as I write
- Do you believe in fate? Not so much anymore. I look for answers through God. I find it amazing how he fits odds and end pieces of puzzles together and comes up with a perfect solution
- What kind of vehicle do you drive? Cadillac
- Who is your favourite superhero? I don’t have one. I put my love into my friendships
8. Do you know the Star Trek “odds and evens” rule? Nope sure don’t. I don’t watch things that can’t happen in my life time
9.What is your favourite memory? Each time I held my new babies
10. If you had the chance to help colonise another planet, would you? No, not until there are no more homeless or hungry people in our own country left. Afterwards I may consider it
11.What was your first job? I worked as a waitress at a Chinese Restaurant
My Questions for you
1. If you could choose another name for yourself, what would it be?
2.What was your favorite food to eat when you were a kid?
3. What prompted you to start a blog?
4. Are you left or right handed?
5. What is the third thing you do after rising from your bed in the mornings?
6. What is your middle name?
7. Where do you fall in line in siblings? Oldest, youngest, middle?
8. What do you think your nicest quality is about yourself?
9. What do you think your worst habit is?
10. How many miles do you live from me? I live in Indiana
11. What time do you go to bed at night? What time would you like to go to bed at night?
Do you want to be tagged next? I hope so, or my name isn’t Terry. My nominations are
Here are the rules for the Shine On award:
1) Link back to the blogger who nominated you
3) answer the questions given to you
Since there are no questions for me I will make new ones for my nominees!
1) What’s your most remarkable memory from your childhood?
2) Have you ever tried any extreme sports?
3) Which recipe you would like to learn and cook?
4) Which thing could ruin your day?
5) Do you prefer reading books or watching movies?
I will not bore you with more answers. I will just go on to the nominations.
Mama Miyuki Easy Pantsy
Thank-you Sharla and Ruby!!!!
The newlyweds went to their favorite diner and ordered. Friends came to their windows to chat. Jane was telling the girls,” We are on our honeymoon. Look at my wedding ring”.
“Married? Wow, you sure kept this a secret”.
“Let me see your ring. What are you two doing out of the bedroom”? a couple of friends asked.
“We got hungry. We have to eat you know. Just because we are married doesn’t mean we don’t eat”. All the girls started giggling.
The food came and the friends left them to eat. Every once in a while Henry would run his fingers up and down Jane’s leg. This sent shivers down her spine and she wished they were back in their motel.
He must have been reading her mind. He finished gulping his shake and started the car. She gave him her empty wrappers smiling at him. The car hop came and took their tray and then they took off for the motel.
Once inside the room his eagerness for dessert over took him. He went to her and stripped off her clothes. Laying her down on the messy bed he breathed in to her ears.” I love feeling your skin next to mine doll”. The rest of the evening was spent in passion and they fell asleep in each others arms.
The next morning they slept in too late. They hurried and got up and showered. Gathering their things together they just beat the clock and made check-out in time. ” Wow that was close Jane. I didn’t have anymore money left to pay for another night”.
“I wish you did Henry. I had such a neat time with you. I never wanted it to stop. Thanks for a great honeymoon. I am starting to get nervous though. I really don’t know your parents and here I go right into their house to live”.
“Oh don’t sweat it doll. They are just like any other parents. Everything will be fine”. He patted her belly as he headed for the house.
The two walked in the front door. Suddenly Jane became quiet and let Henry led her by the hand. She stood waiting for him by the door as he carried their bag in from the car. She followed him to the kitchen. Carol was seated smoking and drinking her coffee. She was still dressed in her robe.
She glanced up at them and said,” Surprised you two are back so soon. Honeymoon over”?
“Mom I only had enough to pay for one night. Check-out was at eleven. We are both starving. We got up late and didn’t have time to eat breakfast”.
“There’s cereal on top of the refrigerator. Oh over there on top of the television is mail for you two”.
“Do you want cereal or I can fix you some eggs Jane”?
“Um, just cereal will do. I don’t want you to have to dirty up the dishes” Jane said.
” Smart girl there you have Henry. She already knows the rules. You dirty, you clean”.
Henry put the filled bowls down and went and got the mail. As they ate Henry opened two wedding cards. Money fell into his lap.”Hey look at this. We got more money. This sure will come in handy”.
Henry started to hand the money to Jane so she could put it in her purse.”Better hang on to that money son. The man handles all the money in a house. The woman does the cooking and cleaning and wiping runny noses”. Henry glanced at his mom and started to open his mouth to respond. Jane gave him a sharp look and then turned to Carol. “You are absolutely right. The man is in charge of paying all the bills”.
” I say it again. You have a smart girl on your hands here. Better take her advice. You will have plenty of bills to pay living here. You have to pay your share for bringing in an extra mouth”
Jane motioned to Henry to put their money in his wallet, and Henry did this without further speaking. The two finished eating in silence. They watched the circles of smoke rise in the air from Carol’s cigarette.
After wards they went to their bedroom and shut the door. ” What’s up with her? I haven’t ever heard her talk like that about money before. But I guess I haven’t ever heard her mention money before. Dad just gives her money and she goes and buys the groceries”.
Jane sat on the bed looking at him. She was thinking, boy this is sure different from my house. Mom handles all the money . I see her give Dad an allowance every Monday.
The two laid back on the bed and watched television. During the time of commercials they kissed and fondled each other. Working themselves into a heat of passion Henry got up and walked to the door and locked it.
They were both naked and he was getting ready to score when a knock came at the door. “I need to talk to you Jane. I need to find out what you don’t like to eat. I need to figure out what we are having for supper. Henry? Do you have any money to help out with the food this week? We have another mouth to feed you know”.
Hearing his mom talk ruined the mood. He climbed off of Jane and covered himself in the blanket. “We will be right out Mom. Just give us a minute”.
- Chapter 15 (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Chapter 14 (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Chapter 13 (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Chapter 12 (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Planning Tips for a Perfect Honeymoon (ibiyinkafamugbode.wordpress.com)
- Rekindle The Love Moments With an Enjoyable Honeymoon (thekenyanwoman.com)
- The Honeymoon Life (greaterislove.wordpress.com)
- Top Quality Wines: Gift Ideas for Weddings (trinawoodrow.wordpress.com)
- Man Shoots Off Wedding Ring (nymag.com)
Your Journey Is Over
You brought joy to my life
You made me feel so loved
We’d spend afternoons together
What are you more comfortable with — routine and planning, or laissez-faire spontaneity?
I am weird. I am the one who looks through the new calendars in January. I look to see who’s birthdays fall on what days. When are the holidays?
If I could book my life year to year, I would be quite content. There is a large part of me that finds great comfort in the word routine. Surprises I enjoy if it is my Birthday.
I really believe this is something that God has been trying to teach me for years. I call it getting set in my own ways. He describes it as be ready at all times.
For me not making too much effort in being flexible I am thrown a lot of curve balls. Even a habit has formed from this. I look in the mirror at the reflections I see. Watching my own picture show. Next I pray, then I come to you, my friends for support.
Does this make me stronger or more wimpy? In my opinion it doesn’t make me wimpy. It allows me to grow stronger. I still go to God and you for help and support. But I am always shocked at the new challenges thrown at me more often than not, and I remain standing.
Al has Congested Heart Failure, Parkinson’s Disease and is mentally challenged. If I wasn’t strong I don’t think I would ever consider letting him move back home. With God’s help I can do it along with help of caregivers.
We are much stronger than we give ourselves credit. Look at the man who is crushed under a car. No one around is there to help him. You take quick action and race to save his life. Without thinking you lift the car up and a way from him.
Yes, strength is within us just waiting to come out. But until it is needed we continue to live in our daily comfort zones, well at least I do. Routine is comfortable to me indeed, but I can still stand strong when I need to.
- Daily Prompt – Comfort Zone (angiesgrapevine.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: My Comfort Zone (layedbacklife.wordpress.com)
- Planning everything accomplishes nothing. (jewelammons.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Comfort Zone (marilyndavies.wordpress.com)
- Come fly with me (notsoprompt.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: In Between (smileyface80.wordpress.com)
- thoughts on planning (unremarkableman.wordpress.com)
- Comfort Zone | No to Routines (atomickaleidoscope.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Comfort Zone (daddysnaughtylittlegirl.wordpress.com)
- Spontaneity is the Spice of Life … Too Much Spice Gives Me Heartburn (charmingsouth.wordpress.com)
You brought joy to my life
You made me feel so loved
We’d spend afternoons together
Walking the raspberries or
The flower beds around the house
Cinnamon rolls were your best
And jams and jellies too
Sitting out under the big shade tree
Watching the birds and kids play
Holidays and birthdays
What ever reason so we could be with you
Trips to town to pick out treats
The kids were wanting to spend
The nights so often
You were my mother-in-law
And the best Grandma too
Only last night in the wee morning
Did I find out that you had a visitor
The angels came for you
And carried you to heaven
My stomach knotted up
And tears began to flow
Spending wee hours in the night
Helping my kids to cope
With their sadness
This is what mothers do
Be their comfy blanket
One to fall back on
This is the way I remember you
A soft place to fall back on
Away from the noise
Only nature and love
Surrounding my memories of you
I shall always remember
Your soft gentle eyes
The way you smiled when I spoke
When I look up into the heavens
I have no doubt that you
And your husband
Will be holding hands
And looking down on us
And smiling now that
You two are back together.
- Rest in peace, Grandma 1908-2013 (srosegots.wordpress.com)
- Jung Hwa: Baptized in the US (spurgeons.wordpress.com)
- Best mother in law ever! (cookiechanel.wordpress.com)
- A Little Message of Hope (igina.wordpress.com)
- Oak of Peace (apoetsview.wordpress.com)
The LORD is my Shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.