What are you more comfortable with — routine and planning, or laissez-faire spontaneity?
I am weird. I am the one who looks through the new calendars in January. I look to see who’s birthdays fall on what days. When are the holidays?
If I could book my life year to year, I would be quite content. There is a large part of me that finds great comfort in the word routine. Surprises I enjoy if it is my Birthday.
I really believe this is something that God has been trying to teach me for years. I call it getting set in my own ways. He describes it as be ready at all times.
For me not making too much effort in being flexible I am thrown a lot of curve balls. Even a habit has formed from this. I look in the mirror at the reflections I see. Watching my own picture show. Next I pray, then I come to you, my friends for support.
Does this make me stronger or more wimpy? In my opinion it doesn’t make me wimpy. It allows me to grow stronger. I still go to God and you for help and support. But I am always shocked at the new challenges thrown at me more often than not, and I remain standing.
Al has Congested Heart Failure, Parkinson’s Disease and is mentally challenged. If I wasn’t strong I don’t think I would ever consider letting him move back home. With God’s help I can do it along with help of caregivers.
We are much stronger than we give ourselves credit. Look at the man who is crushed under a car. No one around is there to help him. You take quick action and race to save his life. Without thinking you lift the car up and a way from him.
Yes, strength is within us just waiting to come out. But until it is needed we continue to live in our daily comfort zones, well at least I do. Routine is comfortable to me indeed, but I can still stand strong when I need to.
- Daily Prompt – Comfort Zone (angiesgrapevine.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: My Comfort Zone (layedbacklife.wordpress.com)
- Planning everything accomplishes nothing. (jewelammons.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Comfort Zone (marilyndavies.wordpress.com)
- Come fly with me (notsoprompt.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: In Between (smileyface80.wordpress.com)
- thoughts on planning (unremarkableman.wordpress.com)
- Comfort Zone | No to Routines (atomickaleidoscope.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Comfort Zone (daddysnaughtylittlegirl.wordpress.com)
- Spontaneity is the Spice of Life … Too Much Spice Gives Me Heartburn (charmingsouth.wordpress.com)