No More Joking
I swear for the last time I am not going to make remarks or joke about things anymore. It always…
Please don’t cry
When I turn a way
For I must go
And this you know
I have to do
What is right for me
I must serve
In the military
Please dry your eyes
And smile for me
Let me savor
It in memory.
- JBLM soldier asks Selena Gomez to the Army Ball (king5.com)
- Sharing Our Experiences Living With PTSD/TBI Is Important (li4r.typepad.com)
- Amazing WWI images found in a camera!!! (warhistoryonline.com)
- North Korean women soldiers patrol in high-heels (wantchinatimes.com)
- The weird ethics of super soldiers (newstatesman.com)
I swear for the last time I am not going to make remarks or joke about things anymore. It always comes back to bite me in the rear.
One time many years ago I prayed for so long to lose weight. I got my prayer answered but it wasn’t God answering. I got deathly ill. I had a rotten gallbladder, gang-green and too many gallstones. I lost a ton of weight, in fact I almost died.
Another thing I joke about is when you see me skinny or looking just right, I will be sick. Now it is my brother who is losing weight. He lost 7 pounds two weeks ago. Last week he gained three pounds back, and this week he has lost 9.2 pounds.
No one seems to know the answer. Not the doctors or the nurses. I am wondering if it is the new internal tremors along with the outer tremors we see.
- So THAT”S Why I Was Having a Hard Time Losing Weight (crystalliteselites.wordpress.com)
- Help for Al (brianwilliamsen.wordpress.com)
- A trip to the hospital always seems to happen in the middle of the night (impetusliving.com)
- Who gets Gall Stones (expertscolumn.com)
Your FWF prompt this week is a word bank…
lazy – rain – perspective – glint – somber – trinket – static
Standing under the rain drops
Crying out to the Gods
A glint of bright light
Lights up the skies
Flashing shadows and sparks
On the trinket upon her finger
As her eyes looked at it
A different perspective
Could be written
Spreading her arms
Wide going around
In slow lazy circles
No matter how or
Where her mind wandered
The static remained strong
Her feet planted
Firmly on the ground
She was beginning
To come out of her
Somber surrounding her
She knew she was
She had just been
And had said yes.
- FWF – Freewrite Friday – Waking Dreams (awritersfountain.wordpress.com)
- #FWF Free Write Friday: Writing Wrongs (kellieelmore.com)
- #FWF Free Write Friday: Word Play Foreplay (kellieelmore.com)
- #FWF Free Write Friday: Image Prompt (kellieelmore.com)
It was 4:45 am and I was sleeping sound. I awoke with my eyes wide open. It was still dark and I…
It was 4:45 am and I was sleeping sound. I awoke with my eyes wide open. It was still dark and I was getting ready to turn the light on to see what time it was. When I moved my hand off the extra pillow I felt something.
It didn’t startle me like a crawling bug. It felt like jewelry.
I felt whatever it was and put it in my fingers. Turning the light on I looked at what had been placed on my pillow and there was the cross.
I was not dreaming any of this. I was truly awake as I knew what time it was. I had changed the sheets yesterday. I had also used this extra pillow to prop my head up to watch TV last night.
I always lay the extra pillow right beside my pillow I actually use for sleeping. So there was no way in this world that the cross necklace could have been there. But yet, there it was. I kept it in my hand and took it with me to use the lady’s room.
I was just trying to figure out what was going on during my sleep when I felt a tug at my heart. It was saying, put it on, just put it on.
So I put it on and then without thinking I looked up at the ceiling and said out loud, I am ready Lord. I am ready for whatever it is that you want me to be ready for.
I went back to bed and sat up for a few minutes. Then I shut the lights off and went back to sleep.I felt really calm and was not even anxious. Sleep came easily. When I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror, the necklace was still around my neck.
I thought of my Dad and went back in time. I won’t take this off for a while.
You have mysterious
Ways that you
Work and I will
Not even pretend
Reason you or
A guardian angel
Placed this object
For me to see
I know without
A doubt you are
Here with me
By my side
Walk on this
Today is Al, my brother’s birthday. Happy Birthday little Brother. I love you so much!
- Welcome to My World (beadmonkey.wordpress.com)