Tell us about the most surprising helping hand you’ve ever received.
Photographers, show us HANDS.
As my mind ponders on when I was given a Helping Hand, I look around at people I have known for years. I have a wonderful family, and the small circle of friends I have are the best in the world.
But my own issues and insecurities were so deeply embedded. Some could see them, others I was able to fool for years.
Then I began to take care of my Dad when he became ill with bone cancer. As soon as we buried him Al had a heart attack. The struggles I felt were now suddenly thrown into the back coals, simmering and waiting to show their embers at any time.
I was a bigger mess than I am now. I struggled for years with the feelings of being unloved. I craved it, anyone who would show some interest, I became like a leech. It was pathetic. I was my own worst enemy.
One day sitting here at the computer I broke down. All the ill feelings I had for me came tumbling down around me. Tears shed and washed me but I was not holding that shiny look of re-birth yet.
I begged God to help me. I asked for forgiveness. I pleaded to feel worthy, to change my heart. I prayed this for months, and then God gave me a helping hand.
He showed and guided me through the blogging world. He taught me how to let out my feelings. He let a shining star lead me on the right path. He went to others hearts and asked if they could meet me.
In no time at all, I went to a few friends to hundreds of friends. I am able to most times see others pain and hopefully I have been a blessing in others lives. God knew that with caring for my brother I could not do justice outside of my home. So he used me through the computer.
I never saw this helping hand coming. It was months before I took notice what was happening and the gifts of friendship and many blessings were coming my way.
Today there is guilt mixed in me along with thankfulness. I know I am dead tired emotionally. My fight is not over keeping my brother safe from harm. I have doubted God and have been so angry at him that I refused to say his name.
Last night I cried out to him and this morning thanks to God’s helping hands and my many inspirational friends, I am climbing back out of that pit. I feel my weakness and yet I feel his hands…………..
- Daily Prompt: Unconventional Love In Writing (layedbacklife.wordpress.com)
- The Forest or the Trees? #wordpress #dailypost #poetry #photography (moondustwriter.com)
- Daily Prompt : I want to know what love is…No really i do! (theroad2cuteshoes.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Too big to fail (bubblemomentpages.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Too Big To Fail (thebloggingpath.com)
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses (suzie81.wordpress.com)
- Blackbird… Daily Prompt: Unleash Your Inner Dickinson. (ghoststoriesfiction.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Wall to Wall/The Ultimate Playland (peeksi.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Too Big To Fail (suzie81.wordpress.com)