Freedom, the feeling of no more people telling me what to do. No more parents butting in. I can make my own decisions from here on out.
I just graduated from high school. I was an adult ready to make my own way into the big world. Ready to discover what was forbidden for many years.
I had received a lot of money for graduation gifts. After counting it up I had a total of five hundred dollars. I was out of here. Out of this joint called home. Making plans with my bestie, we were on our way to have a great time.
She and I were taking two weeks and having the time of our lives. Meeting new guys was our number one goal. No more books,we were going to stay up late, sleep in late. What could possibly be better?
We didn’t have a destination. We were letting the spirit guide us. We would stop when we needed to and eat where we wanted. The money in my pocket would get us anywhere we wanted to go.
Driving down the open road, listening to the radio. Laughing our asses off. Neither she nor I heard the truck behind us blaring his horn. When we did, it was too late. Our trip was ended too short with five hundred bucks in my pocket.
- #FWF Roller Coaster (livelovelaughdancepray.wordpress.com)
- Homesick – Free Write Friday (ordinarylifelessordinary.wordpress.com)
- FWF – Free Write Fridays – The Open Road (awritersfountain.wordpress.com)
- FWF – A New Beginning (somethingwrite.wordpress.com)
- #FWF Free Write Friday: Image Prompt (kellieelmore.com)