http://dailypost.wordpress.com, DP, Daily Prompt
Tell us about your favorite way to get lost in a simple
activity — running, chopping vegetables, folding laundry, whatever.
What’s it like when you’re in “the zone”?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us LOST.
You are going to fall off of your chair from laughing when you read what makes me so happy and lost in my own zone.
No, it isn’t shopping. No, it isn’t going out with my friends, although I love that. No, it isn’t reunions, or eating my favorite foods. It is cleaning.
Yes, cleaning. I think partly because I spent so much of my time as a teen trying to please my parents it feels like home to me.
No phone calls, no door knocks. A t-shirt and shorts and barefoot. Music turned up and off I go. I would move the living room furniture around. Clean the windows and sweep and dust.
I would move from room to room until it shined and smelled so good. Now don’t get me wrong. There are certain types of cleaning I don’t care for. I only wash the curtains twice a year, and sometimes only once in the Spring.
I don’t mind cleaning my indoor windows, but I would prefer someone else to do the outside windows. I washed my living room walls down for the first time this spring and I have lived here a year and a half.
I take down my antiques that sit above the kitchen shelves once a year. Cleaning ceiling fans I do about three times a year. Rearranging closets twice a year, and only because I have to switch clothes out.
But general cleaning, yeah I love it. It makes me feel good when I rest my weary body down on my couch and take a look around. Furniture looks different. I am not stepping on any dirt on the floor, laundry is done.
Yep, for me that is my zone. Me, myself and I, music, a sweeper,dust rags and some Windex.
Do you think this is why I don’t have that hot date yet? LOL, I need to find someone to date that loves to move heavy bedroom furniture. LOL
- Daily Prompt: The Zone (soulfoodwords.me)
- Daily Prompt: The Zone (steviepreater.wordpress.com)
- the UNCATEGORISED: Daily Prompt | The Zone (thetrashbash.wordpress.com)
- Triptych (Lost In Thought) | Daily Prompt: The Zone (mattsden101.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: The Zone (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: The Zone (seoonlinejaipur.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Getting Into The Zone (layedbacklife.wordpress.com)
- 1|6 Daily Prompt: The Zone (familyphotosfoodcraft.com)
- Daily Prompt: The Zone (marta87wink.wordpress.com)