Rhino has made me aware of his routine. He only meows when he wants petted and this is about every waking moment he has. He naps under my bed through the day.
He eats a little in the morning while I brush my teeth and start the coffee. Then he pigs out after I go to bed at night.
When I climb into bed for the night he is laying on one of the bed pillows. He immediately wants petted. After he gets his fill he jumps down and disappears out into the living room. After about 20 minutes he comes back in and climbs back up on the bed.
I think he is telling me that the house is fine. He and I can go to sleep now. I go to sleep with his paw on my arm and my arm resting on him. But when I wake up in the morning he is directly under the bed on my side and at the head of the bed.
He takes his toy and his little comb and he cuddles them letting me know that he knows they are his. I swear the way he moves his head around his comb, he is actually combing his own hair. It is so cute to watch him wrap himself around these two items.
When I am petting him, he flops his big body from side to side, making sure I don’t miss one area. While I am petting him his tail is thumping the floor in approval.
I think he and Al will become therapeutic for each other. I know Rhino has been good for me. Not too quick not too fast, but just right.
- Getting Hoomans to Bend to Your Will (stickythekitty.wordpress.com)
- Asian Sensation (theoraloperator.wordpress.com)
- Mornings And The Animals That Inhabit Them (sheronparris.wordpress.com)
- It’s CatorDog! (cafewitteveen.wordpress.com)
- Porch Cat (randitake.wordpress.com)
- Naps (jackjosephsmom.com)
- Mochi the Kitty-Cat in “Belly Exposed” (otakuwriter.wordpress.com)