http://dailypost.wordpress.com, DP, Daily Prompt
Is being “normal” — whatever that means to you — a good thing, or a bad thing? Neither?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us EVERYDAY.
This prompt rubs my panties the wrong way. I hate the word normal. What is it anyways?
- You. (wordsmagical.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: The Zone (marta87wink.wordpress.com)
- Five minute Friday: Fall (bubblemomentpages.wordpress.com)
- Daily Post: If Proteins Were Red, Carbohydrates Were Blue, What Would You Do? (iamwhoiamnowblog.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Silver Linings (writinglikeastoner.wordpress.com)
- Conversations Wild (ashadeofpen.wordpress.com)
- I Refuse | Daily Prompt: Never (kyladanica.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Hi, Mom! Ps: I Love You (ambikasinghsmusings.wordpress.com)
- My Heart (colorsofplacidity.wordpress.com)
- You Actually Can Die of a Broken Heart (blogs.smithsonianmag.com)
She looked both ways, and made sure her parents were sleeping sound in the room next to hers.
She was infatuated with the man she was going to meet. Her parents hair would stand on end if they knew she was meeting a commoner. She was in love, and there was no turning back now.
She had been secretly meeting John for several weeks. Each time they met she would be fascinated with his stories. He had sailed the seas. He was a fisherman. He had traveled to so many countries.
His stories took her on adventures she would never experience in her life time. Her days of growing up were spent in boarding schools. In class all days with girls didn’t give her much excitement but did provide many fantasy dreams.
She had walked to town one fine afternoon to mail a letter for her Mother. Across from the Post Office laughter could be heard. A few guys were smacking each other on the backs and smoking pipes, as if they had just finished dinner.
When she walked by she tucked her head into her umbrella but John had noticed her. He whistled and made a few remarks that turned her ivory cheeks crimson. He followed her into the post office and exiting he took her arm and stopped her.
When she looked up into his eyes she saw the longest black lashes silhouetting big brown eyes. Two dimples formed when he smiled and asked her name. She was mesmerized. She knew that Mother would be tugging at her arm and dragging her a way from this scene, but her feet were frozen and she told him her name was Violet.
“Beautiful name, Violet, and skin like the petals.” Without asking her permission he walked with her until they came to the gates of her home. He made it clear he would like to see her again by caressing her chin.
She told him she could not see him again as her Mother would disapprove, but he took no for an answer.
“Meet me tonight at the gardens. When do your parents retire for the evening?”
“They are usually asleep by 11.”
“Then leave then, Violet, don’t let me down.”
Smiling at him she said,”I will do my best John.”
From then on every night they met at the gardens and the two sat on the bench and talked about everything. She spoke to him about her schools and he told her about his sailing. With each passing night she was putty in his words.
One night as they were parting ways he leaned down and kissed her lightly. She stood on tip toes and kissed him back.
Tonight she was meeting him once again but was thinking about making her dream fantasy become a reality.
- Picture it & Write/ Ermiliablog (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- A Silly Little Story That Wanted Exist (samadhiam.wordpress.com)
- Picture it & Write/ Ermiliablog (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- _Picture it & Write/ Ermiliablog (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- The only reviews that matter. (kellybarnhill.wordpress.com)
- Capone’s Art-House Round-Up with THE EAST, THE KINGS OF SUMMER, and VIOLET & DAISY (web1.aintitcool.com)
- The Wretched Stories Collection – The Elder Ones – Part 1 (randomandunheardof.wordpress.com)
- Character Interview: Tora of Rachel Morgan’s Creepy Hollow Series (scotzig.com)
- About me! 🙂 (feyonalohr12.wordpress.com)
- Peculiar walking habits (brownygirl.wordpress.com)
I went to see Al today and it was a nice visit. I took him a chocolate milkshake. Plus his meats are now pureed. He ate everything. He struggled with his carrot slices so I told him after I saw him beginning to pucker up to just use his fingers. Finger food are getting real popular I told him. He smiled at me and then was able to eat them.
I had picked up my mail today since I didn’t do it yesterday. In there was a little magazine geared towards seniors. I started reading it after lunch was over and Al decided to pick sports on the TV. There are very few sports I enjoy watching except ice-skating.
One of the articles I was reading started me to that crazy thinking again. Oh no, watch out. Her brain is loose again.
I have noticed that women outlive men by an average of five years. We as a country are living longer and yet younger people are having the heart attacks sooner. They suffer from injured knees and backs. Older generations are a little bit healthier. Yes, I actually wrote that.
Older generations worked harder than we do today. People younger than me work less hard than even I did. Could this have anything to do with more medical issues? Well maybe, but I have no proof.
Where the older generations worked the land, built their own homes, ate out of the ground, we buy boxed foods, meats that are processed and sometimes not even grown here. We take more vitamins to supplement our need to lose weight.
Did you realize that you can now go through a drive-thru just not for food, but for even more?
You can bank through a drive-thru, visit the deceased through a window while wearing shorts and a tank top. You can order groceries online. You can visit your doctor online.
Shopping from the internet has saved us many steps, and much time so we can spend more time working out and getting toned. You can take a pill for just about everything. The morning after pill, arthritis pills, jells to add more excitement to your love life.
Cook a complete meal in a microwave. Push a button and let a robot sweep your house with it. You can text, email, talk on cellphones that never leave your side. Use a remote to change channels on every TV in your house.
Take your computer with you. Order credit cards on-line, have packages picked up from your house. Leave your windows closed and flip on the air conditioner. We as a whole have at least one car and a truck, motorcycle, bicycle or gulf carts.
Why go to the vegetable patches when we can pick up in pretty plastic containers and clear cellophane anything we need at our grocers. We can hire someone to walk our pets. We can hire maids to do our Spring cleaning.
Nannies for watching our children. Church on the TV. I could go on and on, but I won’t bore you.
Is the reason that the older generation is living longer and the younger generation has old people medical issues because we have become too laid back?
- Q&A On Morning-After Pill Court Ruling (healthland.time.com)
- Skating on thin ice (youryearoff.org)
- Ice Skating on the Reflecting Pool (ghostsofdc.org)
- The Victorian sisters who haunt Central Park (ephemeralnewyork.wordpress.com)
- Best Deal Great American Products GAPTTWB00713 Dallas Stars NHL 16oz Travel Tumbler with Black Sleeve (warxoar5.wordpress.com)
- Day 228-Carrot Fries (kayleebakes.wordpress.com)
- Wandering Dago adds milkshakes, including bacon, to lineup (timesunion.com)
- Cannery Row; Beer Milkshake (brytontaylor.com)
- Spicy root vegetable soup – a really tasty lunch. (tastyadvice.wordpress.com)
- Shake It Up (thepassionflower.com)