Daily Archives: June 29, 2013
#FWF Free Write Friday
Laying in bed
Buried under covers
Feeling the weight
Of the sea
Filling my channels
My life, being swallowed
Whole, a sinking pit as
A whale opens wide
Buried in sand
Gasping for air
Not wanting to continue
Choking sounds of
Someone help me
I don’t want to die
I want to live
Oh God hear my cry
Please forgive my weakness
For listening to them
For taking to heart
All that my ears have heard
Pull me up
Drain my fluids
Pour in your blessings
Let my spirit runneth over
Let me begin to know myself
To discover who I am
Let me love myself
And let others
Begin to love me.
- #FWF Free Write Friday: Quote Prompt (kellieelmore.com)
- #FWF Free Write Friday: Last Song of Summer (edgarsroad.co)
- #FWF Free Write Friday: Quote Prompt (Summer Solstice) (kellieelmore.com)
- #FWF Roller Coaster (livelovelaughdancepray.wordpress.com)
Unredeemed, Selah With Lyrics
Daily Prompt; No Longer a Mere Mortal
http://dailypost.wordpress.com, DP, Daily Prompt
You’ve imbibed a special potion that makes you immortal. Now that you’ve got forever, what changes will you make in your life? How will you live life differently, knowing you’ll always be around to be accountable for your actions?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us LONGEVITY.
The first thing that came to my mind when I read this is thin. Please let me be thin forever. Don’t let me ever have to worry about what I eat. Let me have sugars, sweets, eat two helpings of anything.
Let me be beautiful. Let all men who look my way never be able to take their eyes off of me.
Let me be rich, let me never run out of money. Let me buy all that I dream of. Let me lay in pools of gold.
Then I began to think how selfish I am. Is this really going to make me happy?
Is this going to make me content for eternity with no purpose in my life?
I doubt it. It is a dream that we wish for, but not for a life time.
How would we learn from life without lessons? How could we smile when the only one we gift is our self?
I believe we would grow bored. There would be no nothing. An empty box with our face plastered all over it, but no smiles to look at.
Eventually we would become lifeless. We would just want to curl up in our coffin and die early.
We need things to work for in our life. We need goals, we need to stay busy. We need to know that we can create goals and accomplish them.
We need to be able to look forward to the next day, month and year. We need to help our neighbors, be there for our families. We need to love life.
Yes, having everything for a while would be a dream come true, but hard work and a reason for living would make up so much happier.
- Daily Prompt: No Longer a Mere Mortal (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: No Longer a Mere Mortal (angloswiss-chronicles.com)
- ” Daily Prompt: No Longer a Mere Mortal/My Life (nutsfortreasure.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: No Longer a Mere Mortal (perpelprincess.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: No Longer a Mere Mortal, Thank God (marilyndavies.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: No Longer a Mere Mortal (steviepreater.wordpress.com)
- DP Daily Prompt: No Longer A Mere Mortal Post by Ranu (sabethville.wordpress.com)
- No Longer a Mortal (mycookinglife.com)
- Daily Prompt (vicariouslypoetic.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: No Mere Mortal (raevenslife.wordpress.com)
Footprints In The Sand
I was sitting a spell after fixing Al breakfast and getting him washed up and dressed this morning. Sipping on my cold coffee and thinking about nothing really. I live in the country and therefore I have many visits from flies. I have a fly trap that I hang in the kitchen. Of course a way from any cooking. They are so ugly but they are cheap and work pretty good. I was watching a couple of flies buzzing around and then suddenly I was able to see one approach the sticky paper.
I knew they worked as I could see the evidence, but I had never seen one in action.
The fly got too close and landed on it. As I watched the movie of glue verses fly, I felt for an instant a sadness as I knew the outcome of this innocent fly. All he was doing was looking for something to eat.
I have a strict policy in my house; no living bugs, flies, snakes or anything that crawls, flies or slithers.
I watched as his wings sped up trying to rescue himself but to no avail. He was trapped and his life was racing before him as he knew it was useless to keep going.
I thought about how we live our lives. We get up in the mornings. We smile and give thanks for a brand new day. A chance to renew ourselves, to make a difference in our life. We give thanks for being allowed to take new breaths today. We ask God to help us be good people and to treat everyone we meet with an understanding and plenty of love. But then we run into a snag somewhere throughout our day. Do we freak or do we ask for help?
Have you ever felt like you were that fly running into the sticky paper? Have you known that you were running out of choices, that maybe you need help or can’t seem to turn things around?
Whether it be a broken relationship, or a sorrowful heart from loss of a loved one, drugs or alcohol, or maybe an addictive habit, we don’t have to remain on that sticky paper. We have choices, unlike the fly.
We can ask God right there in our frozen spot to help us. We can say through tears that we are out of control, that we feel like we have no more choices, and God will hear. I have been tested and prodded many, many times in my own life.
I have tried to fix what is broken but I remain stuck to the fly trap of life. God has never changed. He is the same yesterday and tomorrow. He is waiting with open arms. He loves us. He is waiting for us to call out to him.
As soon as you cry out God’s name, he goes to work. He has our answers and he will rescue us in his perfect timing. He will bless us so much more than we could ever dream of. We are released from the sticky papers of life.
Once you get the taste of God in your heart and soul you will never want to turn back. You will fly towards the sticky paper but you will be saved by the grace of God. Your life will be changed for the better. Flowers smell stronger. The sun will shine brighter. Life is good when you realize that we are never ever alone as long as God is walking beside you.
- Trap Pesky Flies with DIY Fly Paper (lifehacker.com)
- Trapped fliers sing “I Believe I Can Fly” (nbcnews.com)
- !Flies Be Gone Fly Trap Five Pack (fliesbegonetvra.wordpress.com)
- HOW TO – Fruit fly trap (makezine.com)
- !Catchmaster 910 No Zap Silent Electric Black Light Fly Trap, 14-Inch (catchmaster910silentelectric14incra4nra.wordpress.com)
- What limitations? (myyearofhugs.com)
- Love and Other Drugs (ruskinarxon.wordpress.com)
- Chapter 12 (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Stupid Snake (lynnaswonderfullife.wordpress.com)
- Home: Welcome to my Swedish Country Kitchen (I’m serving Breakfast) (skimbacolifestyle.com)
Come On, Let Me Have It
This sketching thing I have been doing may just be something I need to toss to the birds. I want…