Chill in the air
Crackling and sparks
To and fro
Toasted on sticks
Scurrying of possum
Swatting the flies
All cuddle on benches
And chairs and swings
Popping hot squishy
Straight in our mouths
Roars of laughter
As our lips turn white
This is what campfires
Are all about
On a bright crisp night.
- Journey of Knowing Self (soumya2012.wordpress.com)
- PICTURE IT & WRITE!- “As an heiress” (soumyav.wordpress.com)
- Picture it and Write: Awakened (hotchocolateandbooks.wordpress.com)
- Picture It & Write 9 June 2013: The Battle Rages On Without Me (a random segment) (starvingactivist.wordpress.com)
- I came across this blog http://ermiliablog.wordpress.com/2013/05/19/picture-it-and-write-6/ and below is my (fi5anderson.wordpress.com)
- 10 ways to tell if you are writing with confidence (memcmahon.com)
- Picture it & Write (ermiliablog.wordpress.com)
thanks my friend
Mmmmm. makes me want to toast marshmallows and make s’mores! This is one tasty poem, Terry!
I love to roast marshmallows and sit around the campfire. Love the smell of the wood burning and the sounds of sizzling and crackling fires……….so relaxing
I loved the ending. This is what campfires are all about.
oh yeah, come on over and we will have one!!!!
come on over and we will build one!!!!!
Makes me feel like I’m there 🙂 Brilliant!
you are welcome to come have a campfire !!!!! and thank you!
Very descriptive of all that goes on in a camp.
thank you very much!!!
I like a good campfire story too.
it brings the kid in us out!!!!