http://dailypost.wordpress.com, DP, Daily Prompt
Photographers, artists, poets: show us NEW.
I imagine there are those who are like me. Vacations are not in my dictionary. Oh, I am not saying I have never been on vacation. I went with my parents each summer to Minnesota. My Dad went for Pike fishing. Mom did more work while we were on vacation than she did at home.
When I grew up and got married we used to go to the State Fair each year. The kids and I would ride the wagon around the fairgrounds, and get sick on fair food. My husband went so he could watch the Tractor Pulls.
One fall my husband and I went to a small fishing lake in Michigan. I had a good time I guess. He fished and I tried to find things to do. I did end up nine months later with this.
Now when I think of vacations, I think of the word alone. I would love to just go to a cabin in the woods and do what I want. Or go to my daughter’s house and stay for a week and catch up on life.
I guess my best part of the vacation is not so much it being somewhere I have never visited.
It is about the quietness and the peace. It is about the company I am in. It is about pleasing my inner spirit. It is about looking through the crystal glass and seeing how darn lucky I have been all my life.
- Daily Prompt: Stranger in a Strange Land (inlovewiththelord.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Stranger in a Strange Land (flowofmysoul.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Stranger in a Strange Land (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Stranger in a Strange Land (marta87wink.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Stranger in a Strange Land (retired2travel.wordpress.com)
- Stranger in a strange land: people watching (pencilpilot.com)
- Stranger in a Strange Land: One Of My All Time, Favourite Novels (khanasweb.com)
- Leveling Up [Daily Prompt: Stranger in a Strange Land] (unknowinglee.wordpress.com)
- Stranger in a Strange Land (bheehappy.wordpress.com)
- “Strangers in a Strange Land”… Are you one? (Genesis 23:4, John 17:16) (secretangelps911.wordpress.com)