http://dailypost.wordpress.com, DP, Daily Prompt
After spending time with a group of people, do you feel energized and ready for anything or do you want to hide in the corner with a good book?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us PERSONALITY.
I don’t know if it is because I am no longer in the social rings, but then again that is a silly statement. I have never been in the social rings. I guess I am thinking about when I used to pick up the keys, get in my car and run to Wal-Mart or maybe go see my girlfriend a couple of hours a way.
I had quite a few guy friends and they were less into my business and yet so much fun to hang with.
Now that I am older I can even look back to when I was a young mother. I still only had one or two friends and my family and my extended family were my friends.
Today I still have one or two close friends. I guess I have remained who I always have been. Yet there are subtle changes I see in me. I don’t like crowds of any kind. Whether it be a beautiful wedding, or a graduation, most likely the only way you will see that I was there is when you recognize the hand-writing and the signature on the gift inside the card.
It just makes me so nervous to be in too big of space with too many heads bobbing up and down walking and mingling.
It makes me think back in my life when I went through big-time panic attacks. My eyes would bug out. I thought I was going to lose touch with reality.
All I wanted to do is race somewhere, anywhere, just escape the crowd.
If I am forced out of guilt to attend a very special function, I latch on like a frog’s tongue to one person, two at the most. I would hang with them and watch the clock to see what time it was so I could make a respectable escape.
Once out of the situation I would grab my smokes and inhale deeply and breathe a sigh of relief that the nightmare was over for me.
I guess this means that I like being home most of the time better. A couple of good friends does me well, and I can dress casual, shorts and Tees. Yep friends, I am definitely not a party animal.
No books, no TV, no extra energy, just give me a bed because by now I need a nice, long nap.
- Daily Prompt: Party Animals (?) (myendlessrantsandramblings.wordpress.com)
- I love . . . (mycookinglife.com)
- Daily Prompt: Party Animals (?), No Thanks (marilyndavies.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Party Animals (?) (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Party Animals (?) (lovemykidsanddogs.wordpress.com)
- Daily prompt : Party animal? (laurieanichols.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Party Animals (?) (thebloggingpath.com)
- Daily Prompt: Party Animals, aka me vs. going out (printedcats.wordpress.com)
- Party Animals (Sonnet) (tjtherien.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Party Animals (?) – AND THE PARTY GOES ON AND ON (ladyboyprompt.wordpress.com)