http://dailypost.wordpress.com, DP, Daily Prompt
If you could take a break from your life and go back to school to master a subject, what would it be?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us MASTERY.
The very first thing I would do if I could go back to school is forget the opposite sex. Yes, I mean guys. Yes, they are nice, but when you are a teen, a girl, guys can really get in the way.
In the way of learning, of exploring new interests, working hard, getting better grades. Oh I didn’t do bad in school. I got A’s, B’s and C’s; but what if I would have concentrated more on my future, instead of living for the moment.
Yes, you guessed it, I was boy crazy. A normal teenager looking at boys any chance I had.
Getting fair grades, but able to do better. More interested in how short I could get by with my length of dresses and skirts.
It all sounds crazy when I look back now, but it is so important for teens to feel like they fit in. To be accepted can make it or break it for a young person
I never got in any trouble when I was growing up. I never saw the teacher’s paddle. I never had to sit in the corner with my dunce cap on.
In my adult life, I have been to college to take some classes to see how much I have slipped through the years. I have entered the Nursing Program twice.
Each time I was part way through Al would end up in the hospital.
You can’t miss many classes. When I spent most of every day sitting with Al I would drop out and promise myself to go back later.
Later has never came and now that I am nearing an age where employers would question my alertness and good judgement, I will settle for what I have learned.
Which is hands on hands training. Real patients, in real home situations. Getting involved with patients on a more personal level, mixing it up with involvement with family members.
Without my hands on training I may not have been able to grab a hold of the opportunity to care for Al at this stage of his illness.
God knew all the time that I didn’t really have to have that diploma from a college. He knew I would struggle to pay back those expensive school loans.
So he did what he knew was perfect for me, taught me as I lived life. Isn’t God fabulous? Isn’t it amazing how much he knows and yet we do everything in our power to solve our own problems first before finally turning to him for help.
- Daily Prompt: Back to School (wordsandotherthings.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Back to School (writingcanvas.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Back to School (audballgarcia.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Back to School (inlovewiththelord.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Back to School (marafromearth.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt Too : Back to School >>> I am in School! (fromgroundtohome.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Back to School (icecubesinthefreezer.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Back to School (famousgolds.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Back to School (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Back to School (kevinaldily10102000.wordpress.com)