These past few days of cooler weather cause my mind to wander back to earlier times. Trick-or-treating. Mom never bought us those pricey costumes. She would make us up in what ever she had around the house at the time. One time I was a scarecrow.
Another year I can remember she made me go in a white sheet. She just cut out the eyes and used magic markers to blacken the eyes. No one was going to recognize me right? Wrong, all my family members did, probably because Mom was standing in the background.
When I got to be a teenager I did things I should have not done. I tasted my first wine one Halloween night.
Boone Farm Strawberry Wine. Boy did I think I was big stuff. Maybe for that paragraph in time I was, but that was it.
Now that I am an adult I still like to decorate. One year when I lived where there were plenty of little ones knocking at my door I dressed up as a witch and passed out treats. The kiddies were a little frightened but I calmed them down by taking off my mask for them. Those were good times.
Part of the reason for decorating is to enjoy the looks and words of people who really enjoy this time of the year.
I never looked at it as a real demon day. It was all in fun, an opportunity to bring my childhood memories back to life for one evening.
But now there are no trick-or-treaters where I live. Al could care less if I decorate or not. He doesn’t get excited about any of it.
I usually put up some purple lights inside the house. I put up an electric Pumpkin in the window. I play some eerie sounds.
For one eve I have some fun. I let loose and go back in time where life was good. Time was forever. The word worry was unheard of.
- MOJO 306 – Halloween Trick or Treat (thequilteddoll.typepad.com)
- Halloween- Guide to planning Your Halloween party and Decorations (circusfreakcostumes.wordpress.com)
- Halloween & Bows (glitterontop.com)
- Halloween Windows – Kick Off Your Season – Painters! (holiday-window-painting.com)
- The most beneficial Halloween Skeleton Costume In your Youngster (bestskeletonhalloweencostume.wordpress.com)
- HALLOWEEN INFORMATION | cnbnews.net (gloucestercitynews.net)
- Child-safety for Halloween Technique Or Treaters (hfick4885.wordpress.com)
- A Few of Our Favorite Monster Music Hits (hauntmytown.wordpress.com)
- A Peek Into the Life of a Mommy Blogger: When Halloween Finally Came to Pittsburgh (chatonsworld.blogspot.com)
- Halloween in Ireland (For My Students) (adventuresofrunningreader.wordpress.com)