Another school semester will soon begin. If you’re in school, are you looking forward to starting classes? If you’re out of school, what do you miss about it — or are you glad those days are over?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us LEARNING.
I did plenty of work back in the days getting myself just right for the grand entrance of school.
I would lay my clothes out after rolling my hair and lay them across my desk chair.
I slept with the dryer on my hair. I loved the hum of the motor and lulled myself to dream land. I think this is why I need a fan 365 days a year now. It is difficult turning it on low because the motor is too soft but I could not hear Al if I turned it up full speed as I wish. Maybe this is why I am always so tired, I don’t sleep well anymore.
I liked boys better than school grades, although I didn’t do bad in school; but I could have had mainly A’s if I would have worked a tad harder.
What was the hurry for heaven’s sakes? It only ended up in divorce.
Both times I had to drop out because of Al’s health. I always thought I would go back. I would like to go back again some day.
I could sit here and go on with should have’s and could have’s but what good would it do. Those chapters are closed. Do I miss my school days? Yes, to a point. The freedom of thinking. The fun and laughter I shared. The phone ringing off the hook.
But alas, I have them all tucked neatly in my memory box. I take them out and sort through them sometimes but they tend to make me a little sad. One fear I have that I can’t shake is getting older and dying. Going back to school days reminds me I am getting up there in age.
I will admit that going through the chapter of nearing death with Al has opened my eyes and helped me to see that heaven is all that it is said to be. Tranquil, calming, all-healing, and beautiful. How can I fear that?
Now for you younger ones that are in school, or technical schools here is a piece of advice from the granny era.
Have fun, in fact have a blast, but study hard, learn all you can. Be somebody. Don’t wait for someone else to make you someone. And remember boys and girls, life ticks by quicker than you can blink your eye. And keep watch on that school room door techies, because one day I am going to be walking through that door and sitting my butt right down next to you. I will get that nursing diploma.
- DP Daily Prompt: Fifteen Credits Posted by Ranu (sabethville.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Fifteen Credits (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Junior High [Daily Prompt: Fifteen Credits] (unknowinglee.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Fifteen Credits (anintrovertmind.com)
- Daily Prompt: Fifteen Credits (angloswiss-chronicles.com)
- Daily Prompt: Fifteen Credits – Here’s To Never Growing Up (gogishvilinozadze.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Fifteen Credits or Somewhat Fewer (teepee12.com)
- Daily Prompt: Fifteen Credits (ocdravenclaw18.wordpress.com)
- Call Me Nerdy (Daily Prompt: Fifteen Credits) (ncieslak.wordpress.com)