DP, Daily Prompt
What would it take for you to consider yourself a “successful blogger”? Is that something you strive for?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us EFFORT.
I probably should not be making an effort to write for the prompt today. My brain is so tired. I can’t begin to know where to start. What should the first sentence be?
Maybe it should be, If I could change anything I would do this.
I look at the photos of yesterday and I see that small smile on his face. I can not begin to express in worldly words what this means to me. I will take the credit for placing it there on his cute face.
It was hard work getting him there and we paid the price of dollars on a gold bar for going, but it was still worth that smile. Last night around 10pm, everything changed.
Number one he got red from being out in the sun. I could have kicked myself for not thinking of a sun protector. I did think of it while we were there. He was in the sun for an hour and I held him in place in the shade the other hour.
Maybe it is his tender skin or a combination of his medications and skin, but he got red. He started complaining and I put cold cloths on his shoulders. I put an ointment on it also. But this started a night of living hell for both of us.
His tremors started up like someone was doing the jitterbug dance. This continued with crying and me holding his hand while he questioned me again about heaven and God.
One of the big symptoms of M.S.A. is his internal furnace. It doesn’t know how any longer to regulate. So along with the red shoulders he kept leaving shadows under him of heavy sweating.
Starting at 11:30pm I changed his sheets three times. I answered his call light about every half-hour until six this morning. He either wanted to be turned in a different direction or he wanted water.
Life would be new, fresh and a new beginning.
I don’t know today what is the secret to success.
I don’t even know if I really made any statement other than my own deep desires.
I do know that I will hold on as long as Al does and I will continue with God’s help to remain strong. I will continue to show support to Al when he needs it. I will always say those three little words, I love you, so he always knows he is not alone. Maybe this is my success in the world, being a sister.
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success (jaspersmits.net)
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success (brandonsmommyforever.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success (vicariouslypoetic.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success (angloswiss-chronicles.com)
- Secret of Success-Effort (flowersandbreezes.wordpress.com)
- Key to Success (zainabjavid.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success (collegegirldai.com)
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success (beatsofpieces.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success (bulgingbuttons.wordpress.com)
- Secret of Success… do I measure it right? (vosperdruiter.wordpress.com)