Take the third line of the last song you heard, make it your post title, and write for a maximum of 15 minutes. GO!
Photographers, artists, poets: show us SPEED.
This is one time I have to admit I hear the radio. I hear it playing while I am driving down the road. I went to Wal-Mart and got a few groceries because I knew I wouldn’t get out of the house for a few days.
What did I hear? What was the last song I heard? The truth is I have no idea. I don’t take notice of where my mind is wandering, but obviously it does. I refuse to believe that at my age my memory is becoming unglued.
I bet that my mind goes fifty-five miles per minute instead of hour. I bet I think of all kinds of things. Tossing them around my brain. Letting them in and out like a two-way door.
I thought I did pretty good. I didn’t even have a list to take with me and yet got everything I needed.
So what song did I listen to last? Who knows, and really I don’t care, or I would have written down on paper or stored it in my memory box.
I do like the title of this prompt. Can’t drive 55. Wasn’t that the song by Sammy Hagar? Yes, it is. I found it. Here it is.
Now that brings me some real smiles. Good times, free nights and weekends. Running around with the windows down. Hair flying out the window. Curfew of midnight on weekends. Boyfriends, laughter, beaches, telephone calls. Oh those were the days. Oh yeah.
Here is a picture of the first car I bought for $100.00. It was my baby. It was even black just like the photo. I had an AM radio and with gas at 17 cents a gallon I could fly everywhere I wanted to go.
- Daily Prompt: Can’t Drive 55 (caitlinintolerant.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Can’t Drive 55 (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Can’t Drive 55 (elizajonescourand.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Can’t Drive 55 (jcoglan2013.wordpress.com)
- It’s Our Party We Can Love Who We Want [Daily Prompt: Can’t Drive 55] (unknowinglee.wordpress.com)
- Won’t You Wrap the Night- Daily Prompt (laurenevonn.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt – White Jet trails across the blue sky (joeowensblog.wordpress.com)
- Who else is going to bring you a bottle of wine? I can’t drive 55… (vosperdruiter.wordpress.com)
- A little absurdity (zainabjavid.wordpress.com)
- I Knew She Would Meet Her Connection…(wp daily prompt) (myviewonlifeafter65.wordpress.com)