http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2013/09/08/daily-prompt-excitement/, DP, Daily Prompt
Tell us about the last thing you got excited about — butterflies-in-the-stomach, giggling, can’t-wait excited.
Photographers, artists, poets: show us EXCITEMENT.
The last time I got excited and butterflies in my stomach I already posted about. The auction I went to. Knowing I had a chance to touch and keep memories of my past was the greatest thing I had done in a long time.
The time before that was when my girlfriend who lives a little over an hour was coming up to visit. This makes me excited. I get butterflies just knowing we are going to spend precious time together.
We always go out to eat somewhere and chat the minutes a way. Then we go to an antique store. She always tells me the same thing every time we go. ” You always seem so sad but when you walk in the doors of an antique store you light up.”
This is probably true. I have antiques in my blood. So does Al, but it is very difficult to take him anymore plus he doesn’t register that he can’t have what ever he wants and this can ruin the entire trip.
I started in my basement. People would stop by and eventually word of mouth spread and I ended up having my own store. I loved it. I breathed it. The first project I ever did was a straight chair. It had ten coats of paint on it. I never dip furniture. I take it off by hand, one layer at a time. It was worth every hour I spent refinishing this chair.
I bought a lot of pieces and refinished them, placed them in my store and sold them. I added costume jewelry to sell.
I didn’t have so many clients that I refinished for as time went by.
I started working at auctions, buying up at anywhere I could find items and reselling them.
I did a piece for my grandmother and another piece for my mother. Those were a joy to do as I knew they meant a lot to them. I did this until I got my divorce.
I won’t rag on my ex although it would be fun and easy. I will just say I made a big mistake and I ended up having to give up my store and go to work at a real job. That is how I ended up in nursing.
So anytime my girlfriend comes up I know we are going to look some place that stirs my heart, makes me smile and turns me on. Talk about getting excited, I sure do.
- Daily Prompt: The Excitement Never Ends (assistaugusta.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: The excitement Never Ends (prettywitgla33es.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: The Excitement Never Ends (jobzpakistan.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: The Excitement Never Ends (newspaperonlinejobs.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: The Excitement Never Ends (modrenhippiemom.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: The Excitement Never Ends (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: The Excitement Never Ends (perculia1.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt – Excitement (awritersfountain.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Non-Stop (starvingactivist.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: The Excitement Never Ends (epaperpkjobs.wordpress.com)