Fear the night
No one in sight
Heart is beating
I am breathing
Eyes so big
Waiting for you
To say I do
All to mellow
Yet no where
My face is blushed
As I realize
The tears in my eyes
That you have backed down
You are not clowning around
You have changed your mind
I am no longer blind
You don’t want to marry me
This I can now clearly see.
- #FWF Free Write Friday: Do You Fear the Night? (tracesofthesoul.wordpress.com)
- #FWF Free Write Friday: Do You Fear the Night? (kellieelmore.com)
- #FWF Free Write Friday: Image Prompt With Guest Host Mark Schutter (kellieelmore.com)
- #FWF Free Write Friday: Image Prompt With Guest Host Mark Schutter (catnipoflife.wordpress.com)
- FWF, Free Write Friday; Special Edition (borntolearnandlead.wordpress.com)
- #FWF Free Write Friday: Special Edition #TeamKhole (borntolearnandlead.wordpress.com)
- #FWF Free Write Friday: Image Prompt With Guest Host Mark Schutter (tracesofthesoul.wordpress.com)
Your’e welcome 🙂
Terry, I agree this was excellent. A brilliant take on the prompt about darkness! Thank you for sharing!
you are very welcome Mark! I so appreciate your comment! hugs
Felt the fear in the words. Very well done! 🙂
thanks so much Heidi! It is a fear no woman wants to endure! hugs my friend
I can feel the pain and fear in this one, Terri. Excellent write!
thank you very much Charles! Good morning
Sad.. but beautifully written. 😦 and we almost have the same theme/interpretation of the prompt! 🙂
Wow, great minds think alike!!!! LOL
I can feel the sadness in the words. I enjoyed reading this and finished feeling empathy for the character.
thank you for a wonderful comment Colline!!!
Stunning yet so very sad === love this poem Terry!!!
thank you so very much Annie!!! hugs
Heartbreak at its essence. Well done!
thank you very much my friend Hope!!! big hugs!