Tell us about the favorite dish or food that you simply cannot turn down.
Photographers, artists, poets: show us TEMPTATION.
Carrot Cake Roll
For the Cake:
For the Filling:
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a jelly roll (10×15”) pan with foil and spray with cooking spray (I like to use the spray with flour).
- Beat eggs at high-speed for 5 minutes, until frothy and dark yellow. Beat in sugar, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk together salt, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and flour. Stir into wet ingredients just until blended. Stir in carrots.
- Spread in prepared pan. Batter will be in a very thin layer and you will need to use a wooden spoon or spatula to spread it to all the corners of the pan. Bake for 9-11 minutes (mine took 10).
- While the cake is baking, set a clean kitchen towel out on a large work surface. Sprinkle liberally with powdered sugar (about 1/4 cup). As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, turn it over on the kitchen towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Remove foil carefully.
- Working at the short end, fold the edge of the towel over the cake. Roll tightly, rolling up the cake into the towel. Let cool completely while rolled, at least one hour.
- While the cake is cooling, make the frosting. Beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- When cake is cool, carefully unroll the towel. Spread the filling on the cake evenly, and re-roll tightly. Chill until it firms up a bit, at least thirty minutes to one hour. Dust with powdered sugar,then slice and serve. Cake can be wrapped in plastic and frozen for up to one month.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip
A decadent dip filled with chocolate chips and Reese’s PB cups.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- 8oz pkg Reese’s peanut butter cup Minis (or about 1 1/2 cup chopped Reese’s cups)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in the sugar and heat until sugar dissolves (about one minute). Remove from heat immediately add vanilla and allow to cool to room temperature (very important).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with powdered sugar and peanut butter until creamy (about 3-4 minutes, don’t skimp on the beating time). On low, add in brown sugar mixture (that has cooled to room temperature). Mix until combined. Fold in mini chocolate chips and mini Reese’s cups. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy with pretzels, animal cracker and graham sticks.