Me and my camera are good friends. I am going to handle her with care like I would my best friend and venture out into the world today. I am going to meet a friend for lunch. I am not going to look at any clocks.
I vow to not become stressed as I have no important meetings with nurses today. I do not pay bills on Saturdays. I don’t have to answer the phone unless I choose to. I am going to be like the prettiest bird I love and be free.
I can sit inside my four walls and do what I usually do, which is clean and play on the computer or I can choose to get out of here. I realized as I am sitting here that I have not been outside since last Monday.
That is too long. I didn’t know that I could be accustomed to being inside. I think it has become a habit because it feels like when I try to quit smoking. It is an odd feeling, it is hard to push myself to open that door. It is easier to stay inside, but I am not going to do it.
I need fresh air. I need to be around others who are not ill. I need to do a little Christmas shopping. What would my children think if there wasn’t at least one gift to open when they arrive?
I feel like it is my day. The blue skies are peeking out. I haven’t seen the sun in days and it is starting to shine. Although there are no rays of warmth I can almost feel it whispering to me to revisit the living.
So me and my camera, we have a date with the world. Do you think I can do it? I think I can. I remember that little story my parents used to tell me when I was a kid. It was about the little engine that could. It was I think I can. Used for those who feel they can’t do a certain something.
- Are There Christmas Shopping Manners? (comehomeforcomfort.wordpress.com)
- The Young Man and the Good Friend (thesoundbetweenmyears.wordpress.com)
- Christmas shopping with my walking frame (viewfromawalkingframe.wordpress.com)
- What Friendship Is About (adolfmathebula.wordpress.com)
- good friends (a5132036.wordpress.com)
- Fashion Blogger in my town. (thecleanelegance.wordpress.com)
- Robe or Clothes (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Open your arms 😀 (justsometeensblog.wordpress.com)