This looked good to me, so thought I would share with my best friends, YOU!
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and diced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Saute bacon, onion, peppers, and garlic in large soup pot. Add chicken broth and continue heating. Puree sweet potatoes in food processor or blender. Whisk into broth mixture. Stir in potatoes and tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Whisk in milk, curry powder, and pepper; heat, but do not boil. Serve.