Whole Wheat Parsley Herb Bread | Can’t Stay Out Of The KitchenCan’t Stay Out Of The Kitchen
Whole Wheat Parsley Herb Bread | Can’t Stay Out Of The KitchenCan’t Stay Out Of The Kitchen.
People say the crowd is followed. Why is that? To be popular? To be on top of new trends? My dad used to tell me that I may want my skirt short like other girls in school, but I was living in his home and we follow his rules, not the rules of the people.
I hated that remark, but I get it today. My mom used to ask me, ” If the neighbor jumped off the cliff, would I do it to?” Oh mother, I would think to myself.
It does seem that today things are a little topsy-turvy. We follow or listen intently to the negative. Thankfully, we are not all like this. I have been guilty of this too. I want to know what happened down the street, and I want all the details. It is much more exciting to hear about the gun that was used the night before, than how little Susie got a blue ribbon for her 4-H entry of chocolate chip cookies.
Why is this? If I had the answers, i would surely spill my guts right now, but I don’t. I do have ideas on it though and one of them is a test. As Ma would say on the Golden Girls, Picture This.
Take the headline news. You know, the one that is cast at prime-time. Everyone is sitting at this time, chowing down, and waiting for the exciting news. What if we heard something like this?
1. The sun will be shining with only a small mixture of clouds.
2. A man walking down the street, photographed a teen walking an elderly lady across the street crossing.
3. Little Johnny who has been confined to a wheelchair because of a terrible drunk driver, walked for the first time today.
4. It’s going to be hot and humid today, but it is better than 12 inches of snow.
5. The family residing over on West Street, got together with the neighbors and threw a block party welcoming the new neighbors.
6. Tracy was so surprised when at the end of the month of June, she was awarded a beautiful trophy for visiting the elderly in the local nursing home the most times.
7. Tonight on regular TV programming we have traded all shows with bad language, guns and any sexual innuendos for healthy family entertainment. We are going to try this for a three-hour period.
8. It is with great pleasure that we announce tonight that not one murder has taken place over the last twenty-four hour period.
9. We have heard from our local hospital that a group of 20 teens volunteered their services where ever they were needed.
10. God is definitely at work. It was reported that on Sunday morning at the little church over on Elm Street was doubled in capacity.
You’ve read the headlines, now watch the story about a crime so heinous some would rather see the suspect dead than in jail. The manhunt for the nation’s most wanted alleged pedophile ended Monday night as fugitive Chester Stiles, accused in the videotaped molestation of a 3-year-old girl, was arrested outside Las Vegas. Stiles had been wanted since October 5 on warrants issued for 21 felony charges in connection with acts seen on the videotape. Some of the charges include lewdness with a minor, sexual assault with a victim under 14, and attempted sexual assault. Says Bob Beckett, Nye County District Attorney, “Mr. Stiles could be facing 10 to 15 life sentences.”
“There are so many mothers out there who do wind up with somebody infiltrating and getting to their children, and they forever live in guilt, and that’s not right, and it’s not fair,” Dr. Phil stresses. “For all the mothers who watch and hear this, I want them to hear what I’m saying. Let me tell you, you’re the only mother they’ll ever have.”
Could you spot a child predator? Is your family at risk? Dr. Phil explains the warning signs to watch for ” you’ll be shocked! Plus, the reported victim’s mother breaks her silence in an exclusive interview with Dr. Phil. What does the little girl remember about the attack? Then, Stiles’ ex-girlfriend and her son talk about their conflicting accounts of Stiles’ behavior. If it’s happening now, Dr. Phil is going to talk about it now!
I watched the show, Dr. Phil today and it made my stomach sick that any human being could fathom the idea of molesting or raping a three-year old.
What do you believe to be the reason anyone would act in this manner?