I get an E-news letter from Wego Health. It shares new information and ways to help my Diabetes. I was just reading it and then I noticed the new recipe they put up there. I am placing it for you also. Wego Health, thanks for sharing this recipe. It is good for all of us but especially diabetics.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (or lean ground beef)
- 3 red bell peppers
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1 tsp dried basil/oregano (or any blend of Italian herbs)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or 1 garlic clove, pressed)
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, chopped (or another veggie of choice) or (de-thawed and squeezed dry with paper towel)
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese and 6 tbsp to garnish over the top of each pepper
- Optional: 1 tsp (or 1 packet) low calorie sweetener of your choice to put in the sauce
Stuffed Green Peppers
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil, (for easy clean up), coat with non-stick cooking spray. Wash red peppers, and cut around the stem to remove them.
- Cut peppers in half length-wise, and remove the seeds and ribs inside the peppers. Set peppers on baking pan.
- Meanwhile, cook the ground turkey in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Stir and break up the turkey while it’s cooking. When the turkey is almost completely cooked through, add the sauce and seasonings to the pan. Stir and continue to cook until the turkey is completely cooked (when it is no longer pink). Add the spinach and parmesan and stir until everything is well combined.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of the turkey mixture into each pepper.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp parmesan over each pepper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted, and lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, and enjoy!!!
Those look yummy!
It sounds really good and looks yummy as you say. I love these
LikeLiked by 1 person
It looks delicious! Thanks for sharing 🙂
You are so welcome my friend
Looks good! I really like stuffed peppers and this looks like a good one to add to my collection.
Not only are you right about looking good, it is even good for us!
I actually am going to try this weekend and send on to my aunt who is diabetic but controls through diet.
What a wonderful gift you are giving your aunt! I hope you and she enjoy it!