Ever wonder what makes a writer different from others? I have been asked that before. I have heard some say they would have no idea how to write, let alone write chapters for a book. Where do we get our thoughts on topics to write? What are you doing when you get an idea to write.
I decided to let you peek into a small part of my brain and see the churning that goes on when I am not punching the keyboard. I can tell you that some of my thoughts are strange, maybe weird, maybe even laughable. I will write a few of the things that slither into my mind at times; then you can tell me some of yours.
- I wonder how long Aunt Bee’s hair really was and did she get sick and tired of having it done for so many shows on the Andy Griffith show?
- Besides sex, what were my parents activities the day I was conceived?
- Why do people seem to want something for nothing?
- Have I really done anything special in my life thus far?
- Who came up with the word poop?
- Why do companies take things off the market that actually work?
- Do each of us really have a secret desire we never have let anyone in on?
- How did the name Ding Dong ever come up for a snack cake?
- Do our loved ones really watch over us?
- Do you think our government sleeps well at nights?
- We have five toes, but actually the big toe carries the balance for our bodies, is that crazy or what?
- Is Kramer really as crazy in person as he portrays in the Seinfeld show?
- How long does it take the thinkers behind the scenes of soap operas to make a new continuation?
- Who are the people behind the television sets who decide what should be aired or not? Are they so brainy? Why don’t they give us a choice?
- Where did the name television come from?
- Why did a handshake turn into a five-page contract?
So you see my friends, I have a mind that wanders to different topics. I have many, many thoughts that go on daily. What about you? Do you think you think different from a non-writer?