Lemon Crinkle Cookies
yield: 2 DOZEN COOKIES
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 7-8 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon zest (about 2-3 lemons)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (for rolling the cookies)
- 1 cup white chocolate melting wafers (for drizzling over the cookies), optional
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat together until fluffy. Add in the egg and beat until smooth. Add in the corn syrup and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined. Stir in the lemon zest.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (or about 2 Tablespoons), roll the cookie dough into a ball. Place the granulated sugar into a bowl. Roll the dough into the sugar. Place on the baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes until the edges are firm. Allow to cool on the pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions. Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the cooled cookie and return to parchment paper. Allow to set. ENJOY. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week, or freeze until desired.