prep time: 45 MINUTES, PLUS CHILL TIME
cook time: 60 MINUTES
Mouthwatering and perfect, this S’mores Cheesecake recipe is made with marshmallow cream and homemade chocolate ganache. Make the cheesecake ahead of time and top it when you’re ready to enjoy!
FOR THE CRUST:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 18 full size crackers)
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels
- 2 packages (8oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3 large eggs
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 1 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows, for garnish
- 1 Hershey chocolate candy bar, for garnish
- Prepare 9inch springform pan by spraying the inside with non stick baking spray. Set aside. Fill broiler pan with About 1-2 inches of water and place in BOTTOM of oven, on lowest rack. Preheat oven (with broiler pan of water) to 350°F.
- To make crust, blend graham crackers in food processor until fine. Pour in melted butter and sugar, pulse several times until combined. Press crust into bottom of a 9inch springform pan. Set aside.
- In a saucepan with inch of boiling water, place a double boiler, metal bowl or glass bowl to heat heavy cream. Once warm, add white chocolate chips and remove from heat. Whisk until chocolate is smooth. Set aside to cool (about 15 minutes).
- For the filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch, sour cream and vanilla extract and vanilla bean paste.
- Slowly add cooled white chocolate mixture. Finally, add eggs, one at a time until mixture is smooth. Do not over beat. Pour into prepared crust and place cheesecake pan into the middle of the oven. Fill broiler pan with About 1-2 inches of water and place in BOTTOM of oven, on lowest rack.
- Bake 60 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Turn off oven and let sit undisturbed for about 45 minutes. Remove and allow to cool in refrigerator about 6-8 hours (or overnight). **see notes
- Top cheesecake with marshmallow cream, spreading gently to about 1/2 inch from the edges.
- For the ganache, add chocolate morsels and heavy whipping cream to glass bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds, remove and whisk until smooth. Slowly pour over the marshmallow, and spread evenly, covering ALL the marshmallow to the edges. Top with mini marshmallows and pieces of candy bar, if desired. Store in refrigerator until ready to enjoy.
To make perfect slices of cheesecake, you can make steps 1-6 in advance an freeze the cheesecake. Slice while frozen. Thaw in refrigerator and continue with step 7.