yield: ABOUT 40
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 12 MINUTES
Nobody will guess that this sweet toffee starts with graham crackers. Brickle Bars are the next best thing to homemade candy!
- 12 full size graham cracker, broken into fourths
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet morsels, melted
- Break grahams into fourths. Line 15x10x1inch pan with crackers. Pan melt butter and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, remove immediately and pour over crackers. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to parchment paper. The best way to do this is using two butter knives, or a small spatula. Scoop each graham cracker individually and transfer to parchment.
- Repeat until all grahams are moved to paper.
- Spread melted chocolate over each brickle bar. Allow to set. Store in airtight container.