Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes
yield: 24 CUPCAKES
prep time: 1 HOUR
These Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes are fluffy strawberry cupcakes topped with sweet swirls of vanilla buttercream, homemade chocolate ganache, sprinkles, and a cherry on top!
1 BATCH STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES, PREPARED (24 CUPCAKES)
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 3-4 Tbsp milk
FOR THE GANACHE:
- 1 package (11oz) dark chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- sprinkles, optional
- candy “cherry on top”, optional
- Prepare cake according to package directions. Cool completely on a wire rack before adding frosting.
- For the frosting, beat butter with an electric mixer for 3-5 minutes, until pale yellow and smooth. Add in powdered sugar, vanilla bean paste, and milk. Beat for an additional 3-5 minutes, until fluffy.
- Using a large ziploc bag, fill with the frosting. Snip off the corner and pipe onto each cupcake (pattern doesn’t matter).
- For the ganache, place the chocolate and heavy cream in a glass bowl. Heat in microwave for 1 minute. Remove and stir until smooth. Cool 5 minutes, then spoon over the frosting.
- Add sprinkles and “cherry on top” immediately. ENJOY!