The word for today is; Vague
of uncertain, indefinite, or unclear character or meaning.
“many patients suffer vague symptoms”
||indistinct, indefinite, indeterminate, unclear, ill-defined; More
thinking or communicating in an unfocused or imprecise way.
“he had been very vague about his activities”
Esther lived in a community building full of adults. Some walked with walkers. Others had wheelchairs and some were able to walk without assistance. Everyone seemed for the most part to get along with each other.
The biggest concerns were are sort of like a family living all under one roof. We get to know most personalities and when there is a resident who talks in a vague way or says something totally out of character, we worry.
What can we do? Nothing really. We are only roommates. It would be wonderful if friends and family members came and visited; even once in a while. How easy it would be for those of us to be able to let the family hear of our concerns.
Our hands are tied. We can make a move as far as letting others know or if it is seeming to be serious, we can contact the manager, but in the meantime, we have to sit by and do nothing.
The way I look at it is; the residents are someone’s mother, grandmother, grandfather and friend. You spoke to them before they moved here for various reasons. You can keep in touch with them while living here also.
There, I voiced my opinion. Thank-you for reading.
Carrot Cheesecake with Crumb Crust
Recipe By:Suzanne Stull
“Pureed carrot mixes with cream cheese in this very elegant cheesecake that also has a gingersnap and graham cracker crust.”
- 3/4 pound carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2/3 cup finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 2/3 cup ground pecans
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, diced and softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil, and cook carrots until very tender about 45 minutes. Drain cooked carrots. Return them to a moderate heat for a minute or so to cook off excess moisture.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, gingersnap crumbs, 2/3 cup ground nuts, and sugar; toss well. Work in butter until mixture is crumbly. Pat over bottom and up sides of a buttered 9 inch springform pan. Bake the crust for 7 minutes. Turn oven down to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Transfer carrots to food processor and puree for 30 seconds. Scrape down side, and puree again until absolutely smooth. Add brown sugar, ginger, lemon juice, orange zest, cinnamon, mace and allspice to the processor, and puree for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides, and repeat. Let mixture stand until cool.
- Add cream cheese to cooled carrot mixture, and puree for 1 minute; scrape down sides every 20 seconds. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Pour batter into crust, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chopped nuts.
- Bake for about 50 minutes; cake tester will come out clean. Let cool. Cover loosely, and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 Allrecipes.com
Printed From Allrecipes.com 4/23/2018