Cookies ‘N Cream Donuts
yield: 8 LARGE DOUGHNUTS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 10 MINUTES
Easy, fried donuts in under 30 minutes! These Cookies ‘n Cream Donuts are made using Pillsbury Grands biscuits, Hershey Cookies ‘n cream bars, Oreos and Chocolate frosting. Perfect, right?!
FOR THE DONUTS:
- 1 pkg Pillsbury Grands biscuits
- canola oil
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp corn syrup
- 1 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1 oz semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4oz Hershey cookies ‘n cream candy bar, melted
- 3 Oreo cookies, crushed
- In a large, heavy bottomed skillet, heat oil about 1/2-3/4 inch high. Depending on your size skillet will determine how much oil is necessary. Bring oil to a sizzle when you drop a couple drops of water into it.
- Separate biscuits and using a one inch circle cutter (I used a cannoli tube) pop center hole out of each biscuit so it resembles a donut. Fry each biscuit for 2-3 minutes each side. Allow to cool and dry on paper towels.
- While donuts are cooling, make chocolate glaze. In a small saucepan on medium low heat, mix together the cream, milk, butter, vanilla and corn syrup. When butter is completely melted, turn heat to low and add in the chocolate, whisking smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in the powdered sugar.
- Dip each donut into the glaze. Drizzle the melted Hershey Cookies ‘n Cream bar over each donut and immediately sprinkle with crushed cookies. Allow the chocolate to set, about 15 minutes. ENJOY