Chocolate Chip Toffee Shortbread Cookies
yield: 30 COOKIES
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 20-25 MINUTES
Delicious, buttery Chocolate Chip Toffee Shortbread Cookies recipe. Perfect to bake and share, or freeze for later!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toffee chips
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15×10 inch baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with powdered sugar, vanilla, and almond extracts until creamy. Add in flour and mix until combined. Fold in toffee and chocolate chips.
- Mixture may be very crumbly. Use your hands to combine into a ball, the warmth of your hands will bring it together.
- Drop dough onto center of baking sheet, using the heels of your hands, press the dough into a large rectangle. You want the dough to be the same thickness throughout, so keep pressing until you have a rectangle about 12×10 inches and about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until edges begin to lightly brown. Remove from oven and immediately cut into strips (using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, going slowly). You can cut into triangles if you prefer. Cool completely. Store cooled cookies in airtight container at room temperature for about one week. ENJOY.