Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- 1 pound dry great Northern beans
- 8 cups water
- 4 ounces diced salt pork
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- The night before, combine the Great Northern Beans and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 hours. Pour beans and their liquid into a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, drain off liquid, reserving 1 cup. Pour beans and the reserved liquid into the crock of a slow cooker. Stir in the salt pork, onion, molasses, brown sugar, mustard and pepper. Cover, and cook on Low for 12 to 14 hours. Stir before serving.
Printed From Allrecipes.com 5/14/2018