Banana Caramel Poke Cake
yield: 16 SERVINGS
prep time: 6 HOURS
cook time: 28 MINUTES
This Banana Caramel Poke Cake has a VERY moist cake layer topped with Banana JELL-O Pudding flavored Cool Whip. Caramel in the cake AND drizzled on top with some Nilla Wafers completes this luscious dessert.
FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 box (16.5oz) yellow cake mix (with ingredients to prepare, according to box)
- 1 box (3.4oz) banana cream JELL-O pudding mix
- I can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar (12oz) caramel ice cream topping sauce
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1 box (3.4oz) Banana cream JELL-O pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 16oz Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup Nilla Wafer cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping sauce
- In a large mixing bowl add cake mix and ingredients to make a 13×9 cake (according to package). Mix in box of pudding mix. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13×9 baking dish. Bake according to package directions.
- Remove from oven and poke holes all over the top of the cake. I used a meat thermometer to make all my holes. In a small bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk with caramel sauce. Pour over warm cake, being sure to pour over the holes. Some sauce will remain on top of the cake. That’s okay!! Cover cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the topping, beat pudding mix with milk until no lumps. Fold in Cool Whip. Spread over cake. Top with crushed cookies and drizzled caramel sauce. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Use within 3-4 days. ENJOY!