Brad’s Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 12 ounces Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided, or more to taste
- 2 (24 ounce) jars marinara sauce, or more to taste
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Spread flour on a shallow plate. Beat eggs in a bowl. Pour bread crumbs into a shallow bowl. Dredge chicken breasts in flour. Dip in egg and roll in bread crumbs to coat.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry breaded chicken breasts, 2 at a time, until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining butter and chicken breasts.
- Layer chicken breasts in a slow cooker, covering each layer with marinara sauce.
- Cook on low until flavors combine, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place chicken breasts side-by-side in a baking dish, spooning additional sauce on top. Place 2 slices mozzarella cheese over each piece of chicken. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, and garlic powder on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
Printed From Allrecipes.com 6/13/2018