Banana Eclair Cake
yield: SERVES 12-15
prep time: 15 MINUTES (PLUS 4 HOUR CHILL TIME)
Layers of cinnamon graham crackers, vanilla pudding and fresh banana make this no bake Banana Eclair Cake a huge summer hit! To top it off, I literally topped it off a cinnamon glaze!
FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 box (14.4oz) cinnamon graham crackers (whole)
- 2 boxes (3.4oz each) instant french vanilla pudding **
- 2 1/2 cup milk
- 12 oz Cool Whip (thawed)
- 6 fresh bananas, sliced thin
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, combine the instant pudding with the milk. Whisk together for several minutes until smooth. Allow to thicken, about 5 minutes. Fold in the Cool Whip and set aside.
- In the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish, place a single layer of cinnamon crackers (cinnamon side UP). You may have to break some of the crackers to fit, don’t worry if they overlap.
- Pour half of the pudding mixture over the crackers. Top with half of the sliced bananas.
- Place the next layer of crackers over the bananas, cinnamon side DOWN. Top with the remaining pudding mixture and remaining bananas.
- Place the final layer of crackers over the bananas, cinnamon side DOWN.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the glaze ingredients until smooth. Pour slowly over the top layer of crackers. Refrigerate cake for at least 4 hours, or overnight. Slice and serve. Store remaining cake in refrigerator for up to 3 days. ENJOY.
**If you can’t find the instant french vanilla pudding mix, just use the instant vanilla instead.