yield: ABOUT 4 DOZEN
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 10-12 MINUTES
If you can’t choose between Chocolate Chip Cookies and Brownies, these Brookie Cookies are the answer! Soft baked brownie cookies with the perfect texture and flavor!
FOR THE BROWNIE DOUGH:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
FOR THE COOKIE DOUGH:
- 3/4 cup Butter flavored Crisco
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- For the brownie layer, in a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together until just combined. Set aside while you make the cookie dough.
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For the cookie dough, combine the Crisco, milk, vanilla, and brown sugar. Mix until well blended, add in egg. Add flour, salt and cinnamon and beat until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 Tbsp scoop, scoop all the cookie dough onto a piece of parchment paper on the counter top. Repeat for the brownie dough.
- Take one cookie dough ball and one brownie dough ball and press together gently to form one larger dough ball. Place on parchment paper (place the brownie side a little more on top to keep the cookie dough from spreading too much).
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, then move to wire rack to cool completely. ENJOY!